Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Simply Smashing!

So in reference to my blog title, let me explain why I chose that. See...yesterday I was in the bathroom applying some make-up, when my liquid foundation fell off the bathroom counter and onto my big toe. I'm pretty sure my next door neighbor could hear my howl of pain, but that's not even the worst part. Evidently it bruised my toenail badly, because even slight pressure on the nail leads to excruiating pain. I'm not going to be suprised it all if it falls off, it's that bruised.

I'm off work again today. I'm not sure why, although one of my co-workers called last night and attempted to explain, but her phone was cutting out so badly I couldn't here her. I'm hoping we go back tomorrow because even though I'm getting hurricane pay for the days we are off work, it's really nothing compared to what I'd be making actually being at work and right now is not a good time for me to not be making that much money. So...I'm hoping we go back tomorrow.

My most exciting news of today would be something I purchased yesterday that I have been wanting for a long time. A Canon Rebel XSI!



I had narrowed it down between that and a Canon 40D, but honestly I just couldn't afford the price difference of the 40D and I wasn't willing to put the remaining amount on a credit card. So I bought the Rebel XSI. I had originally wanted to buy it off aafes.com, but when I looked at it on there yesterday it was no longer on sale and gone back to $895.00, which is ridiculous to me. So, I went back to beachcamera.com, where I bought my camera before this one. I had a wonderful experience using them before and I am very pleased with the deal I got off there this time as well. The camera was over $200 cheaper on their website and I didn't have to pay sales tax or shipping. My camera should be here in about a week and I'm so excited! I cannot wait to start using it!

In light of gaining a couple of pounds with all the food I've been eating waiting out Gustav, I need to go do some Turbo Jam.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!

6 comments:

Linda said...

Did you check this place out? Very inexpensive!

Sonic Canon Cameras

I have the XTi and I adore it. I am definitely going to look at Sonic for a long lens soon. My two concerns with the XSi were the Live View feature (wondering if I would REALLY get a good focal point if I used it as opposed to framing in a viewfinder), and the SD card. Because the D-SLR's are high speed cameras, if you don't buy a specialized high-speed card, you won't be able to get the full effect of shooting. I love being able to set the camera to multiple shots and just push the shutter! The CF card is designed for that and much less expensive than the high-speed SD cards.

Hope you enjoy your camera...can't wait to see pictures!!!

Rachel said...

I'm so jealous! I've had my eye on the 40D for awhile, but feel your pain with the cost. that and my husband says I can't get that type of a camera until we have kids. I think he's using it as bargaining tactic: Agree to get pregnant and you'll get a free camera!

enjoy-I can't wait to see your pictures!

d.a.r. said...

Oooh fancy!

I know nothing about photography. I totally wish I had a single artistic bone in my body, but I don't. I'll just keep buying point and shoot digital cameras because they are cute and fit in my purses :)

The Mrs. said...

oooh a new camera! So exciting!! And Im being serious. I'm enjoying playing around with mine, I'm sure your going to be doing the same soon.

hope your toenail hangs on...

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Poor you but happy you too!! I hope the toenail stays put - that would be some major pain!!

Hooray for a new camera! I hope you enjoy it immensely :)

-Andrea

Just a Girl in a Port said...

Good for you!