Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fall Decorating

I started decorating my house in some fall decor this past weekend and realized that I needed some more fall decor ASAP. I don't have that much and I yearn for the days when I could drive ten minutes to Hobby Lobby instead of it taking an hour to get there. Then I stopped and considered the fact that there are not going to be any Hobby Lobbys in Europe and since you can't shop online at their site that I'm going to be having major Hobby Lobby withdrawls!

I was looking around online today for some ideas for fall decorating and found some really interesting ideas. Why can't I be this crafty/creative?





What I really need is for this woman to come decorate for me.



If only. A girl can dream right?

Anyone else checked out the new Yankee Candle scents for fall? I've seen several I want. Chocolate cupcake being high on the list as well as any sort of pumpkin scent.

I realized yesterday that Sean and I could possibly moving in about two months and there are still a ton of things in Louisiana that I haven't yet visited. I still want to see Oak Alley Plantation, extensively see Baton Rouge, visit New Orleans again and also visit a few National Historic Sites in the state. I also planned on going over to Mississippi to visit a few places, but if I'm going to do all of this I'm really going to have to get on the ball. I just don't know when/if I'll ever be back here and would really like to experience those things on my list. Guess after this next payday I should start taking care of that!

13 comments:

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

you must visit baton rouge more in depth. at least visit coffee call and eat some beignets! :)

have you been to the audobon zoo in new orleans? it's a must see. oak alley, too!

fall decorating is so much fun!

Sara said...

I am a big fan of the Martha Stweart Living magazine when she does the holiday decorating ideas. While shopping my little heart out last week (shoes instead of food, I say) I wanted to go into Hobby Lobby. There is soooo much cute stuff in there and I collect pumpkin and christmas trees for this time of year. Alas it was closed!! If my Hobby Lobby got damaged, I might cry. I want to do something like the pumpkin display you pictured outside my door but there are naughty kids that keep messing with my stuff!

Lexy said...

I love that little pumpkin display! I would love to try that.

d.a.r. said...

I totally need to channel Martha, too. I suck at all things crafty!!!

Good luck, and enjoy your time left in LA!

Lindsay Gray said...

HA HA HA HA HE he he he OOOO hA ha ha he hee...ouch, stomach cramp...must stop laughing.

2 spare airman awaiting orders to PCS keep me from having nice things. Or a clean sink...or a clean house.

One month. One month. One month.

MediMonsters said...

I think you did a very good job without Martha!! I love to decorate for the fall.

junglemama said...

My kids would love the spiders. I maight do that if I can find some little spiders. LOL

Tania said...

I'm really getting into fall decorating too. I love the spiders on the door. Michaels was having a 50% off sale on all their wreaths this week and I could have bought them all! (no Hobby Lobby here, but I heard it's great!) The extent of my decorating so far, though, is just buying those little miniature pumpkins and throwing them in my centerpiece bowl on my dining table.

Weeksie50 said...

I love her to come and visit my humble as well.. but most importantly I would like for her to pay the bill....lol

Megan said...

Looks like you are going to be busy going to all of those places on your list!! I wish I was creative like the pictures you found. I bought decorations from Wal-Mart & CVS.

Rachel said...

Funny, my HUSBAND went out last week to buy fall plants for our front yard/garden!

I need to find a nice wreath for our front door. Martha has some great 'do it yourself' versions on her website, but I'm not so crafty. Good luck!

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

I Love to decorate. We put some Halloween stuff out -- but of course the kids want more. Decorate how you feel that's what makes it fun -- work with it till you like it. Thanks for sharing today. Much Love

Whitney said...

Let's see some pictures of your fall decor, lady! I do not know what I would do without the ole Hobby Lobby. It's the best.

Those spiders on the doorknob made me laugh!