Wednesday, September 3, 2008

MRE's: Not For Me, is up!

Emily was a doll and put our template up for our new recipe blog, if you want to check out what it looks like head to www.militaryrecipes.blogspot.com and see what MRE's: Not for Me! looks like in it's beginning stages!

To categorize it we are going to be separating it into normal categories:
Appetizers
Soups/Salads
Main Courses: Beef
" ": Poultry
" ": Pork
Vegetable/Side Dishes
Desserts

AND we will also be categorizing it according to main ingredients as several of you have suggested. I'd like to put submitted by under each recipe, so if you email recipes then please put your Blogger name to cut down on confusion.

I know Lindsay was working on links for printable recipes, which I think we would all love to see. So, Lindsay if you've made any headway with that let me know. :)

Again, if you have any questions or suggestions please do not hesitate to let me know.

12 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Love it!!! So cute!

Sara said...

Yay! It looks wonderful! Maybe I'll scan recipes to send to you guys. Or I'll stop being so lazy and type them.

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

Love the template! We got power back last night. Hope everything is going good over there.

Rachel said...

It looks great!!

Linda said...

makes me hungry.....can't wait to see the offerings on there! Will be submitting many of my favorites.

comment to Sara - when I find recipes that I like (online) I just copy them and put them into a notepad file and then into a folder called recipes (which are broken down by categories). But some recipes I use so often, I then print out and keep in a pocket folder with my cookbooks.....

Lindsay Gray said...

I'll get on it tonight. Also, I'll help editing recipes and such for posting them up. My email is Linds52584@yahoo.com, let me know what else you need me to do!

~Janet~ said...

great background! it looks awesome!

Becca said...

can you make me a contributor so I can add recipes??

Katie said...

Yay!! It looks so good!! I'm off tomorrow so hopefully I can get some recipes ready!

If you need some more help with putting in recipes and so forth- I'd be more than willing to help!

Becca said...

my email is mrs.rebecca.wilson@gmail.com

MediMonsters said...

Looks great!!

Just a Girl in a Port said...

What a great blog!

I'd love to contribute. I'll take a look and see what recipes you are guys are most interested in.