Monday, September 29, 2008

The Apple Tart Experiment

I wish it could still be the weekend! I had a very nice, relaxing weekend. I got several things accomplished on my to-do list and still had time for some other things.

I did make an apple tart this weekend. I used this recipe. It was a bit time consuming, as I decided to use handmade dough instead of taking the easy way out and buying dough. This was my first foray into dough making and it was hard! At first the dough came out really really sticky, but with some flour and some patience I finally got the consistency right. I used Granny Smith apples, as the recipe called for them and quite honestly they are my favorite, but the tart ended up...well very tart. I thought I had some cinnamon on hand, but evidently it disappeared somewhere in the last month or so and so I didn't have any to put on top of the tart. Sean pronounced it as delicious and he really loved the crust. I thought it was ok and a bit time consuming for it to turn out less than stellar. I took some pictures, but I'll have to put them up tomorrow as I was too lazy to upload my pictures that I took this weekend onto the computer.

I did get out and take some pictures. They aren't spectacular, but I'm still trying to learn all the features of my new camera and it's going to take me awhile to get everything down pat on that. I did also get a picture of that crazy dry-cleaning sign that I mentioned last week. I'll try my hardest to get that picture up tomorrow.

I also cheered on my Oklahoma State Cowboys to a 4-0 start to the year and might I add they are now number 21 in the rankings on the AP poll? Of course, our arch rival OU is number 1, which I had to hear about from my husband all weekend, but what they do doesn't concern me.

This morning before I headed to work, I stopped off at in/out processing to get my no-fee passport taken care of. Thankfully there was absolutely no line and I was in and out of there in about 10 minutes. I didn't close my eyes in the pictures they took and so that was a great plus for me. I tend to close my eyes a lot in pictures. It's a matter of annoyance for me. Anyway, she told me my passport should come in within about a month and then I can get my Visa taken care of. I'm just glad to get the ball rolling on this.

Here's hoping this Monday goes by fast!

>

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Apple tarts?!? I am very jealous! It sounds so delicious!

No-fee passport? Also jealous.

Whitney said...

Need. To. See. Pictures. Of. The. Apple. Tarts.

Pa-leeeeeeeeeeze!!

Megan said...

Even though it took longer, I am sure the handmade dough was MUCH better than if you had bought dough. Make sure to post pictures, I wanna see how it turned out!! :0) Have a good Monday!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

the recipe sounds amazing!!! i can't wait to try it.

Brando said...

Gotta love passport and license photos. Don't get me started on the conspiracy behind military IDs. It's some kind of plot to make all military wives look fat and alien like. I swear. (okay, maybe it's just my ID picture. I look like a whale)

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

Love it! It sounds so good! Thanks for sharing -- Much Love --