Friday, September 5, 2008

Friday Fun Questions, Volume 5

It's that time of the week! Time for Friday Fun Questions. I actually had a tough time coming up with questions today and it almost slipped my mind that today was the day. Guess all this hurricane business had my mind elsewhere!

1. In what style would your dream home be? What are some must-haves you would want to be in it?

2. An author's work you consider to be a must read?

3. What's a TV show that's no longer on that you miss watching?

4. If someone made a movie of your life, who would you want to play you?

5. What's one invention you can't imagine living without?

My answers:

1. I'd love to have a Greek Revival home ( you know a plantation home?) I can just imagine myself sipping mint juleps on the porch! I'd want it to have a huge wraparound porch and high ceilings with a magnificent staircase and a cozy living room with a fireplace. Oh and a big kitchen too!

2. I think Doris Kearnes Goodwin is phenomenal. She really captures the lives of the people she writes up and makes them as if you know the intricate details of their lives.

3. I miss all the old shows like Green Acres, Petticoat Junction, Let's Make a Deal and those sorts of shows. TV Land used to play some of them, but now are playing the likes of Third Rock From the Sun and Just Shoot Me, not classic TV in my opinion.

4. I'd want Reese Witherspoon to play me. She's funny, intelligent and a good actress. I think she'd play me in a believable way.

5. I'm sure a lot of people might say this, but I cannot imagine not having the Internet and not having the ability to find anything within just a few seconds at my fingertips. I wouldn't have met all you fabulous blogger people either without the Internet!

Let's hear those answers!

4 comments:

Sara said...

yeah my answer to the first one will probably be a post in and of itself. I've given this LOTS of thought

Caitlin said...

1. In what style would your dream home be? What are some must-haves you would want to be in it?

I want traditional New England cape, old old furniture, big-ass windows, beautiful hardwood furniture. Lots of seaglass. Rob and I both grew up in New England so we're big on that style of things. Other times I like modern-y type stuff so who knows, haha.

2. An author's work you consider to be a must read?

TOM ROBBINS. Oh man, he is amazing. I love him.

3. What's a TV show that's no longer on that you miss watching?

"Are you Afraid of the Dark?", "Doug," "Rugrats," all those old Nickelodeon shows. I was a huge Nick kid.

4. If someone made a movie of your life, who would you want to play you?

Natalie Portman. She's a really good person in general, speaks like 5 languages, and everyone says I look a little like her.

5. What's one invention you can't imagine living without?

Cell phones and GPS. What did we ever do without them?

Caitlin said...

*Hardwood floors, not furniture, lol

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

Loved you answers, will try and get to it I'm baking a cake today for my niece's birthday. Much Love.