Thursday, September 25, 2008

Shoe Addictions

Well, I'm happy to report that I finally got to watch the Sex and the City movie last night. I really enjoyed it, even though I've heard a lot of people say they didn't like the ending. Honestly, I wasn't suprised by the ending and I did really enjoy the movie, even though it was a little longer than I thought it would be.

Other than that I just went to the gym and did some weight-lifting and swung by the commissary to pick up a few food items that we needed.

I'm hoping Sean gets home at a decent time tonight, even though it's only been one night I really do miss having him around and I hate not being able to hear from him even in a text.

Can I just say I love the Walk the Line soundtrack? I think I'm going to download all of it on ITunes. Actually I think I prefer Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon singing then June Carter Cash and Johnny Cash. Sean was shocked the other day when I told him that it was really them singing, I guess he thought it was a voice-over. Walk the Line is one of our favorite movies to watch together, we also really like 50 First Dates. Sean has secretly admitted to me that when he has watched them apart from me he's cried on several occasions. That was a shocker when I first heard it since I've never seen him cry! Don't you just love it when they admit that stuff to you?

I was driving back from lunch yesterday and noticed a dry-cleaners sign that I'd never looked at before. It had the name of the dry cleaner and underneath it had it's slogan. The slogan just happened to be, "A Great Place to Drop Your Pants" I laughed so hard! I have never seen anything like that. I'm going back this weekend when I take pictures around town to take a picture of it. I promise when I do I'll post it on here so you guys can get a laugh.

I'm loving these shoes:


I have them in black and I really like them, so I'm thinking I might have to get them in red too.

I also like these:

Can I admit something? I'm addicted to shoes! Sean mocks me for my massive pile of shoeboxes in our closet, but I really have cut down on my shoe buying and I've even gotten rid of a few pairs that I never wear. When I was a shoe salesgirl I honestly bought a new pair about every week. I could afford to because I knew when the great sales were and also when shoes were marked really low I could have first dibs on them. I miss those days! Not really, because I hated retail, but the discounts sure were nice!

I'm waiting on my mother to send me a banana pudding recipe and a potato soup recipe. I've asked for them twice in the last couple of weeks and she keeps forgetting. Granted she's a busy lady, but I really want those recipes! Just thinking about the banana pudding makes my mouth water. That recipe comes from my grandmother who makes the most amazing pies you'll ever eat. She does homemade crusts that are so good, that you'll actually want to eat the crust by itself. Almost everytime I come home she makes me a pumpkin pie, regardless of the season just because I love pumpkin pie so much. I wish we were going home for Thanksgiving this year, I'd really like to experience some of her pie....

10 comments:

Megan said...

I want a pair of red stilettos!! I have been SEARCHING for YEARS for the perfect pair. Haven't found them yet. Those look great though. I also enjoyed the SITC movie..I enjoyed the curveballs I didn't see coming.

the dragonfly said...

I'm not really big on shoes. My husband has more shoes than I do! (mostly Army boots, though..)

MediMonsters said...

funny sign!! All I ever wear is crocs--I guess it's just part of being a nurse.

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

Not big on stilettos! Those are cute! My mom and them laugh at me because I want a pair of stiletto boots -- black -- I call them hooker boots. LOL -- Love the new look. Thanks for sharing -- Much Love --

Megan said...

Just so you know, there is NO such thing as TMI with me. hehe.. Since I have been getting them, we haven't done it much (which SUCKS!!) so I am not sure WHAT the problem is..I am sure I will have to go to a urologist though, which I am not looking forward to!

Weeksie50 said...

All I wear is flip flops, Tennis Shoes, and Rocket Dog type shoes.. lol.. But I do love all kinds of shoes..

"The Queen in Residence" said...

I think my feet hurt. I used to wear those but now it is running shoes, run her, run there.....

I wanted to thank you for stopping by on the layover at BATW. Husbands do give headaches but they also give us wings...enjoyed your blog.

Sara said...

Very cute shoes. Goodness knows I have an obsession.

I wrote a post about a product yo might like to fix your eyeliner problems.

Whitney said...

I love both of those shoes. Especially the 2nd pair you posted. Um. I'm pretty sure I have to have them.

Sara said...

Very glad to help. Let me know if you like it! You and sean should try and visit Houston again sometime. There are going to be lots of fun holiday events from here on out. They have a ghost walk in downtown through the old historic homes with hay rides and other fun things. At chrsitmas they have the holiday in the park walk where there are carolers, light displays and lots of christmas activities. Sometime this weekend or next I think we're going to a corn maize and pumpkin patch, though I think you can find those everywhere.