Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ladies Night

I'm having some problems with Blogger today. I'm not sure if it's just my computer or actually Blogger. In case you didn't notice I'm playing around with some new layouts and I actually changed to a three column template so I could unclutter the blog a bit. I'm sure it'll change a few times before I settle on something I really like.

Tonight Sean will be staying out in the field, since they are doing some land navigation and it appears he won't be back until sometime Thursday. So I'm designating tonight as ladies night, even though it just involves one lady, me.

On the agenda? Going by the PX to pick up Sex and the City, which I am so excited about! I missed seeing it in the theater and I cannot wait to sit down and enjoy it. I'm also going to pick up a birthday card for one of my best friend's little boy. He'll be turning one this weekend and I need to get a card for a fellow Army wife who's husband is deployed. She's not living on-post and I know she gets pretty lonely so I think I'm going to try to send her a little card or something in the mail each week just so she'll have a little cheer.

I was so excited when I got home yesterday because I got my favorite magazine in the mail. My mom got me a subscription to Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel for my birthday this year and it is the BEST travel magazine. I highly recommend it! This month they even had an article on 25 Things They Love About New Orleans, which gave me some good places to check out if I ever make it back there before we leave.

I saw the neatest idea on Flickr yesterday. A woman is doing 365 days in photos. She takes pictures of things in her world (mostly her son) and gives each picture a day. I'm really thinking of doing this. One picture a day wouldn't be too difficult and it would be neat to look back on your year in pictures.

I've stumbled upon a lot of great blogs lately and I wanted to take a moment to recommend them to my readers.

1. Make Mine a Mojito- Mrs. Mojito seriously could be a model (just look at her) but she is such a great writer and writes some hilarious posts.

2. Misadventures of a Newlywed- She's hilarious and has a great sense of style. If she lived closer I'd so try to be her friend in real life. I can only imagine how much funnier she is in person.

3. Glamourous Life of a Housewife- Again, a very good writer, hilarious posts and the descriptions of her cooking and decorating abilities make me very jealous!

Oh and for all your military gals out there if you have a recipe that you'd like to contribute please email it to us at militaryrecipes@gmail.com or email me personally to be added as a contributor to MRE's: Not for Me!

And other sidenote, as soon as I get my house decorated in a decent manner for fall I will certainly share pictures!

Well, I need to go get some lunch. Something healthy you ask? Nope! I'm thinking Arby's.

16 comments:

Megan said...

I haven't changed the look of my blog since I first got her, perhaps it is time to do some sprucin' up myself. I really like the 365 days in photos idea. If I remember I want to start that January 1.. sounds like a fun idea!

Mojito Maven said...

ok seriously that was the best compliment anyone has ever given me!! Seriously, I must look wayyyyyy better in pictures because I promise I usually look like a slob (and no I am not kidding). Thank you so much for the shout out and blog love! You really made my day and I also really enjoy reading your blog as well :)

Mojito Maven said...

Oh and P.S.....I like what you've done on your new blog layout!

Stephanie said...

ohhh thank you!

The recognition has not gone unnoticed. We would be friends. I need someone who likes to cook in my life. You are more than welcome to come crash at the Misadventure Manor anytime!

I love the new layout. I think this is my favorite.

Ronnica said...

I think Blogger likes to give it's user fits from time to time to just to remind us of who's boss.

I love the look!

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

I'm always changing my blog that is my new hobby. I learn how to do everything so I started designing blogs. Come check it out -- Button is on the side (Beelicious is the name) Much Love -- I had a little trouble with blogger today when I was putting Dawn's blog up. I hate when it acts up.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Wow, you've got a great girl night planned :) It's always fun getting things in the mail and a new mag is super fun! Actually, I'm trying to figure out one to subscribe to! Definitely show some fall decor pics :)

Sara said...

I know! We're going to be missing each other by a month!! But when I come a lookin' for places to live I'll let ya know.

So I have to know, since you're always in a positive mood about Louisiana, what is your opinion of Ft. Polk and the surrounding areas? Most people don't have that high an opinion about it.

Rebecca said...

I like the layout!
I've been wanting to see Sex and the City. I missed it in theaters too. My sisters refused to see it with me. A girl in my dorm said she would buy the DVD, so I'm hoping I can watch it soon.

Sara said...

I definitely don't think Ft. Polk is as bad as people make it seem. Sometimes its quite relaxing and charming. I love the national parks around it. And people aren't limited to de ridder and leesville. I'm glad you're exploring other cities and making the best of where you're living.If I had known you before the deployment I definitely would have moved!!

Sara said...

By the way, where do you work? E-mail me if that's more comfortable. I looked and looked for jobs over there but couldn't find anything. If I had been an engineer I would've been set!

Hope you're enjoying the movie! So funny! I am right there with ya stuffing myself with all things fried.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for saying such wonderful things about my wife and her blog! (I think she's pretty wonderful too!)

Same Girl said...

Your ladies night sounds perfect to me! I love the 365 days in photos idea!

S.J. said...

AHHH, I love the sexy and the city movie!! I hope that you enjoy it :)

Anonymous said...

That photo idea is really interesting... That would be really fun to do with kids!

Erin said...

I have to say sometimes a night alone is nice. Especially when you have SATC to enjoy it with!