Monday, September 22, 2008

Morning Express and the Christmas Season

I have to say this weekend turned out pretty well, even though I didn't get to do everything I wanted to. My plan was to go out Sunday afternoon and take some pictures in town, but due to some Vodka and Red Bulls from the night before I was feeling way to icky to do that. I really didn't even have that much, but after yesterday I remembered why I do not drink anymore. I just hate feeling like I've wasted a day because I don't feel well.

Anyway, Sean grilled alot this weekend, chicken and steak plus some really good potatoes and baked beans. I went ahead and made another batch of Chocolate chip cookies since everyone loved them so much and also since I had all the ingredients to make them without going to the store. I also made Green Enchiladas yesterday and got a few pictures of that. I meant to upload them to my computer last night so I could share them with you guys today, but I didn't have time this morning.

My second belly-dancing class is tonight and I'm excited for it. Although I wish it wasn't 2 hours long. I think one hours is sufficient. Plus, I really want to start watching Dancing With the Stars this time around and it conveniently falls on the night and time I do belly-dancing. Ah well, such is life!

Do any of you watch Morning Express with Robin Meade on CNN in the mornings? Sean got me hooked on it and now we both love to watch it. He mainly because he finds Robin Meade attractive and me because I think she's simply hilarious! She does the craziest things sometimes and I can't help but laugh. If you do watch the show did you realize she's turning 40 this year? Before I found that out I honestly thought she was about 30. Not that 40 is old, but I didn't picture her to be 40! She's obviously aging rather well.



Has anyone started their Christmas shopping yet? I want to get started on it now so that when the season is actually here I'll have all of it done and can concentrate on us getting moved. Getting Christmas lists from people is like pulling teeth though! Luckily Sean is easy to buy for. I'm getting him an IPOD for Christmas and a few smaller things. That's the only person that I know exactly what I'm getting for them though. Everyone else is up in the air, although I'm pretty sure I'll get my uncle some scotch again. I'm serious when I say that was probably his favorite gift. I'm not sure my aunt appreciated my gift to him though!

10 comments:

Becca said...

We are trying to figure out what to get everyone for Christmas too! It just makes it easier than trying to buy everything in one month! But, seriously, it is hard! Even I can't really think of things for myself let alone anyone else!

Lindsay Gray said...

me too. I try to keep a running list at my desk at work so that if I have any great ideas during the year I just jot them down. But by the time Christmas rolls around, none of the ideas seem that great anymore.

I keep thinking..."maybe next year"??

Erin said...

No way she is turning 40!?! Sounds like a good weekend except for the hangover!

Sara said...

I've given my christmas list already, asked people for theirs, and even ordered christmas cards. They are discounted right now. I like getting it done early. Easier on finances that way too. More than half my family has birthdays around Christmas.

I got a little drunk this weekend too, though thats the only way I was going to make it thru the wedding. Pictures and story posted.

Sara said...

Yes, I almost made it out of the wedding without making an ass of myself. Mark, unfortunately tends to be soooo stoic sometimes and did not find my name slip up funny at all. I am still embarassed. Next thing you know, that girl is going to start saying I am cheating on Mark.

Sara said...

Oh, and thank you for the compliment ;-) I promise, no more slew of comments anymore.

The Mrs. said...

I hope I look like that at 40 but since I dont look like it now I'm guessing I wont then. shucks.

I'm trying to start xmas shopping but I dont have much time to myself so its not so easy. I tried to pick up a few little things on the sly but the boys caught on.

Suburban prep said...

Robin Meade used to do the morning news on the local Chicago station for about 5 years. I think she is aging well but because I "knew" her when I do believe that she is turning 40.

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

I finished christmas shopping for my baby. Now I'm working on the other two. They are harder to buy for because they are getting older and to more expensive stuff. Thanks for sharing today -- Much Love

Stephanie said...

You need to go check my blog...there is a little love there for you!

Christmas shopping? Oh my...