Friday, March 26, 2010

Your Happy Place

I'm kind of at a loss of what to talk about today.

Today has been a rainy, low-key day. I've worked out, watched Have You Heard About the Morgans and also managed to split open my finger on a blender blade while washing it. I swear...I was never accident-prone as a child and so I'm making up for it as an adult.

Since it is one of those days and I need a bit of brightness on a gloomy day, I'll talk about a happy subject. Where is your happy place? As in, where in your travels have you been that being there or even thinking about it just made you happy?

I have a couple.

First would be Rocky Mountain National Park and quite honestly, national parks in general make me happy. I think they are gorgeous and I always feel so alive when I'm in one of them.



My second place would be anywhere Disney. Walt Disney World is my favorite, but I love Disneyland too. I've been to both of them twice and I'd love to go back, but I'm thinking Disneyland Paris might have to suffice for the time being. Yes, I know it's a theme park, but I love it. All the detail they put in it and the atmosphere makes me feel like a kid again. I can't wait to go back!



15 comments:

Julie Danielle said...

I LOVE Disney too :) Only been to Disneyland though.

Emily said...

Ugh I want to go to any of the Disney parks! I've never been but have tried planning trips that don't seem to happen.
Anywhere on a beach watching my husband play like a kid is my happy place :)

Sara said...

Jekyll Island is my happy place. It always relaxes me. And going back to A&M. M and I both feel like we're truly home when we visit the campus.

Lisa said...

Disneyland is fun!

My happy place is probably home in Madison around late spring/early summer. It's just gorgeous, the weather is warm, and it's perfect to sit out on the Memorial Union Terrace and enjoy a pitcher of beer with 300 of your closest friends. :)

I'm also making up for my lack of accident-proneness now, P calls me Grace!

Emily of Boston said...

My happy place is this little outdoor bar on the island of Mykonos overlooking the water, where the chocolate shakes are 9 Euro... you pay for the view. And the shake isn't that bad, either! I hope I can make it back there sometime soon.

Emily said...

The back of a good horse. It's seriously like therapy for me. If I was upset, it all comes into perspective and I feel better after I ride.

Tori Bella said...

Um, more importantly, wasn't Did You Hear About the Morgans a perfect I need a girl moment movie?

Lindsay Gray said...

I enjoyed our trip to Disney World, but I just can't get into it as much as other people do. Which is surprising because I'm totally the type of person who "should" LOVE Disney World!

Strange, I know.

Did you find my new photo blog? PS- this is still Lindsay just now going with the middle name for photography purposes.

Field of Dreams said...

I just want to introduce myself & my blog Field of Dreams. I have been following your blog for quite some time now & I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts.

Roller Coaster said...

Without a doubt my happy place is Phuket, Thailand. We went on vacation there when we lived in Japan, and it was fabulous! I swear that's where my mind disappeared to when I was in labor with my daughter. I wasn't in pain, nope, I was sipping a fruity cocktail on the beach in Thailand!

Shoshanah said...

I'm definitely a Disney fan. It helped that I grew up in Southern California so I went ALL the time growing up. But I haven't actually been to Disneyworld yet. But I have been to Tokyo Disney!

JG said...

Oh, Disney!! Sometimes (like this week) I just take a "Disney Day" and look at all our old pictures from Disney, and I found someone's video of the Spectromagic light parade on youtube. Ahhhh......

Anonymous said...

My true happy place would be anywhere with an amazing view of Pikes Peak, while there is still snow on the peak. Also, being in the Blue Ridge Mountains.

P.S. My parents live 30 minutes from Rocky Mt. Natl. Park, and WE LOVE driving up there with them. It is just so peaceful.

Katie Lewis 85 said...

i love thinking about what my happy place may be. right now, mine is a 75 degree day on top of a tall apartment highrise building in a city where there's a roof pool and pretty plants where i can look out over the city and people watch and still see the sky clear. i like that.

but disney is a good one.

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

Disneyland is my #1 happy place...I LOVE it!! Anywhere in Germany as well. Out of all the countries my hubby & I have traveled to, we've always had the best memories and funny stories from our Germany travels :)