Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Runner I'm Not...

I don't know if I've mentioned this lately on here, but as part of my workout regimen, I've been doing the Couch to 5K program. I'm not a runner by any stretch of the imagination and this is probably the 3rd time in the past two years that I've attempted to do this program. Inevitably, something happens and I never finish the program, but I swear one of these days I will. Currently I'm on Week 4, but I've been doing the program a lot longer. I usually repeat weeks though until I feel more comfortable with running longer amounts of time. I'm not sure I'll ever be a long-distance runner, but one of these days I'd love to be able to say I've completed a 5K.

Also, I didn't say this yesterday, but I wanted to say thank you to all of those that commented on my friends post. It means a lot to hear from others out there and I always feel better knowing that I have friends out there in blogging land, even if I've never met you.

Finally, does anyone have any suggestions for good lingerie sites besides Victoria Secret and Fredericks? I'm looking for a few items for my upcoming boudoir shoot and I want some different websites to look at.

12 comments:

Emily of Boston said...

How is it possible that you haven't walked by a little shop that sells pretty intimates in Italia?! Ahhhh!!

Tasha said...

I did the couch to 5 k program last year and became addicted to running. It's SO HARD though! Especially those first 2 miles. If you can run 2 miles, anything is possible!

Jessica said...

I've started and failed to finish (or even get very far) the same program twice in the past 3ish years. One day I'd love to say that I'm a great runner, but for now, I'm an EXCELLENT walker!!

JG said...

I'm not much of a runner either. I've started walking fairly regularly on the treadmill, with a little jogging thrown in, and I'm progressing. But I'm not one of those people who enjoys exercise. Good luck!!!

d.a.r. said...

Good luck with the C25K program!!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's awesome that you're doing so well with the Couch to 5K program this time! Good luck!

Try body central. I know they have lingerie.

stefanie said...

Way to go! Running is my favorite exercise. I have tried so much but feel the best after a good run. Keep it up!!!

Sara said...

A runner I am not either. I wonder what kind of schedule husband will put me on when we start training together.

Emily of Boston said...

Pffft... I'd go for something that no one else will ever have. Hence, lingerie italiana. Que bellissima!

Tania said...

I'm only a runner by force. My dad started my little brother and I on a running regimen when we were about 10 years old. Crazy man. I couldn't count how many times I stopped when I ran my first mile (yes he did start us out on a mile. Like I said, crazy man!) It's hard!!!

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

I give you muchos kudos for taking on the couch to 5k program. I like exercising, but hate running only because I can't figure out the breathing yet :( I know you can do it though :) Rock it out chickadee!!

Tori Bella said...

I am so proud of you for doing Couch to 5K!

Does Target ship there? They have some really cute stuff. If not, I could always pick you up stuff and ship it your way.