Thursday, March 4, 2010

TV Talk

Ok..first a little background on why I asked the question I did yesterday. On the Army wives forum I'm a part of there was a debate about that very question. One of the women, who married her husband later in life and had already been divorced and had a child said she was never moving from where she currently lived and her husband would just have to PCS without her. I believe currently she lives around Fort Bragg and her husband lives at Ft. Benning. She says because she has a job that provides her stability and the fact her child would have to move away from his father is her reasons for never moving. Ok..I get that, but in that case, why would you even start a relationship with a soldier knowing that eventually he would have to move? That's what I don't understand.

Ok moving on to today's post- TV Talk

Who else is addicted to True Blood? I'm a season behind, since I obviously don't have HBO. I'm watching Season 2 online and I think it's even better than the first season. I've always been a fan of Sam, but this year I think I've gone to the Erick side. He's so hot.... *sigh* The only thing that bothers me about the show is that it's WAY different than the books, especially the 2nd season.



I know it's been a few days since the Bachelor finale, but can I just voice my disgust? This is the first season I've watched since forever, but I may swear off it. I was so disappointed with Jake's choice. Vienna? Really? Any respect I had for Jake at that point went right out the window.


12 comments:

Kpod said...

Where did you find True Blood online? A few months ago I was trying to find the first season and I couldn't find it anywhere!

Krista said...

im totally obsessed with true blood. and i have to say i agree with you about the books. but i decided to just look at it like they are 2 completely different things but the characters happen to have the same name, its the only way it wouldnt bother me haha.
and i dont usually think blonde guys are hot, but i have a thing for eric...

Amanda C. said...

omg, i LOVE true blood! even though the books are way better, i still obsess over the show!!

Hannah said...

Can't wait for TrueBlood!

Yeah, I was mucho dissappointed by the end of the second season. That's all I'm gonna say.
Oh-- and I loooooove Eric :)

And I agree with you. If you are going to refuse to move to be with a potential husband (regardless of your reasons), then why start the relationship and marry him in the first place? But then again, it's not me, and I guess if it works for them, then more power to 'em!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love True Blood. I don't have HBO but I have season 1 on dvd. I wish they'd come out with season 2 because I want to catch up. Where did you find it online?

Lisa said...

Haven't ever seen True Blood. Sounds like I'm missing out! I was pretty disappointed in Jake as well, but if that's the type of woman he wants, Tenley, Ali and Gia are all better off without him!

family of 4 on the move! said...

Ok that is the second time someone has said something about True Blood. Now I am going to have to go look it up!! LOL

As far as moving with your spouse isn't that all part of for better or worse in your vows? When you marry someone aren't you agreeing to wanting to spend the rest of your life with them no matter where you are or what is going on in your life?
I just don't see someone not wanting to move and be with their husband as having a real marriage sorry!JMO

Now for bachelor..I am soo glad someone else said it! I posted something on my blog and got nothing from anyone! I loved Tenley and think that Vienna is a child. Yes they had fun together but sometime the fun has to stop and does she really know how to be an adult and do the things she is has to do?!! I have a feeling if they make it past 6 months then she will have to change and grow up a lot!

stefanie said...

I want to add to the moving discussion:

I see that a lot on some of the German forums that I am a member of. There are lots of German girls dating Army guys that are stationed in Germany. The relationship gets more serious and eventually the soldier has to PCS to the US. Then the girls get all crazy about how they will never move with the soldier because they don't want to leave their friends and family. I just don't understand these girls. Why start a relationsip - a serious one - with a soldier in the first place? Friends come and go anyways.

Jessica said...

I can't wait for the 3rd season to start! I found myself wanting her to be with Eric too.. I'm so glad I'm not the only one.. i felt kind of bad about that!

Jon and Steph said...

True Blood is my FAVORITE show!! I LOVED season 2!

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

My sister got me hooked on True Blood! I've definitely been sucked into the vamp craze with that and the Twilight Saga :)

Chelle said...

True Blood is on my Netflix list. I have to finish up Weeds and Big Love before I start TB.

I agree about starting a relationship with someone in the military. Makes no sense to do it knowing full well that they move every couple years. I made the promise to my husband no matter where they send him, the kids and I follow. Nothing will ever be more important than keeping our family together.