Thursday, March 25, 2010

I'm In Love....

With spring! In the last week spring has EXPLODED here in Italy. The trees have color, flowers are blooming, it's warm enough that I can tan outside and the smell of fresh cut grass pervades the air.

I thought I was going to wreck today as I was driving and smelt the sweet smell of fresh-cut grass. It's by far my favorite smell in the world and everytime I smell it, I have the feeling that spring and summer are on their way.

I'm loving life right now, I'm not sure if it's because it's spring or I'm just that much in love with Italy at the current time. I'm sure something in the next week will make me rethink this blog, but in the meantime Italy and I are on good terms. I think once I really learn Italian, I'll love it even more.

One of the things that I recently discovered (as in found out yesterday) is that we can buy raw milk here. In fact, there are little dispenser shacks all through the city and communities. I know where the nearest one to me is, now I just need to go investigate it. Anyone else drink raw milk out there? I never have, but feel as if it's time I tried it.



Oh and one last thing, any of the Europe ladies have experience wiith EasyJet? I'm leaning towards using them more than RyanAir, as they fly out of main aiports and from what I've seen are quite cheap. At least cheaper than RyanAir for most of the places I want to go. Thoughts? Experiences?

16 comments:

Jessica Lynn said...

I've flown both and prefer RyanAir over EasyJet. It could've been because EasyJet lost my luggage, and for some reason or another we didn't land at our destination, AND we ran out of fuel WHILE LANDING at the new destination. I won't fly EasyJet again. (And I completely realize that was just one experience and 99% of their flights are A-okay, but yeah...it was terrible).

I'm jealous you're in Italy. I want to go back SOOOOO bad.

Expat Girl said...

I am a fequent flyer with Easyjet as they are so cheap and there are so many options and I would say if you are used to Ryanair then Easyjet will be fine because you arent used to much haha. They arent there for their quality service, they will charge you an amount for checked balance but if you pay in advance when you are booking the tickets online then it is cheaper than turning up at the airport and paying it thre. They also dont allocate you a seat so you sit where ever is available on a plane but that has never really bothered me so if you are ok with it then go for it! They are always on time as far as I have experienced : )

Expat Girl said...

hm i meant checked baggage...oops!

Tasha said...

I'm glad the weather is beautiful in Italy! How was the Raw milk? :-)

Mira said...

Haven't flown with EasyJet but I can recommend German Wing.
Raw milk?! Yes, I did drink it. My grandma had a cow when I was a kid and that was the only milk I drank at that time. It has specific smell but it's not bad. What I like the most about raw milk is that you can make your own fresh cheese and sour cream and a special "sour milk" which tastes 100% better than it sounds. :)

Emily said...

mmmm I love the smell of fresh cut grass :)

Jeannette said...

I would have to say grass is one of my fav smells too... only thing is I'm allergic to most of them. It smells really good until my nose clogs up lol.

JG said...

I'm so ready for spring, too! It's still on hold over here, though :(

Anonymous said...

So, you can't leave us hanging like that... How was the raw milk? LOL

beka said...

OH yeah--we drink raw milk. Never got sick or anything from it (unlike some people you hear, worry warts. lol)
Italy??? Gosh, girl. I'm so jealous. Hope to go there someday....
:D

tootie said...

I know, hooray for spring! (Finally!)

Let us know how the raw milk is... I'm definitely curious now!

Susan said...

Are the canola fields in bloom?? I don't know if you saw them last year but they are amazing, beautiful, bright yellow fields. If you've ever driven out to Jesolo, there are just acres of them.
I've flown both and also transavia (to Amsterdam). I think they are all good, the main thing is where they fly into. And remember that the flights are really cheap (like 1 Euro!) but you still have to pay the taxes. It's still cheap though. One doesn't fly into Marco Polo, but the Treviso airport is really nice. It's very small. Also, the Verona airport is another good option. They used to have free parking, too!

Jenna said...

I buy raw milk from a local dairy in Fort Collins, CO. It is wonderful. It is soo much fresher then store bought milk.

I pay like 6.50 a gallon for it, but I totally think it is worth it. I have lived in Iowa and Vermont and if you have ever even driven by a dairy the stench of the cattle is overwhelming. Kids that worked/ lived at the dairy came to school smelling horrid. The dairy I get my milk from you can't even smell the cattle when you are with them. It cleanest dairy I have ever been too. If you want to find a raw milk outlet in the US, just go to rawmilk.com .

Anyways that's my raw milk rant. :)

Sara said...

Haha in Chile they dang near only had raw milk. It was kept on the kitchen counter in a plastic baggy. i tried it and was thoroughly grossed out. I know a lot of people that really liked it though! To each their own. And in defense of it, I generally even find 2% milk icky.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I've never tried raw milk, if you do let us know how it taste!

B. Wilson @ Windy {City} Wilsons said...

Never flew Ryan, but didn't like EasyJet. Of course, we are mostly German Wings flyers. I didn't like how EJ didn't have assigned seating and I felt like I was battling for a seat. The flying part was just fine, though.