Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Deployment Month 3 In Review

Well, I'm already done with month 3 of this deployment. Seems like sometimes the time goes by quickly and other times it seems to drag.

In Month 3:

- have maintained working out 5 days a week, most weeks. Last week was a slacker week for me and I only went 3 times

- took day trips to Milan and to Venice for Carnevale

-read Something Blue, The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio, She Got Up Off the Couch, My Life in France, Living Dead in Dallas and Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil

-sold my first photography print

-started taking a spin class

-made Pioneer Woman's Butter Chicken

-got to hear Sean's voice several times. Our contact hasn't been as good this month as their satellite is broken, so Internet time has been scarce

-bought my tickets to go back to the States in April for our R&R

And although not my favorite picture of the past month, it's probably one of the most amusing. Me fist pumping! (Please ignore my squinty face, I was laughing)



16 comments:

Jessica Lynn said...

Wow! You've accomplished so much! You should be very impressed :) Here's hoping the days fly by so you can get to your R&R asap!

Abbie said...

Holy cow! I can't believe R&R is already next month! I hope the time is flying by for you!

That picture is hilarious!

Expat Girl said...

Wow you've been busy! I know it hasnt been the best month but you acheived a lot and you get R'n'R sooo soon! Three months done...three months you will never have to go again : )

My Army Life said...

Wow! You've set such a high bar for the rest of us! ;) Glad to hear you're doing so many good things during this time apart. Love the pic!

Lisa said...

Yay! 3 months down! You make my month 3 look boring. ;)

R&R is coming up so soon! Hooray for you and Sean!

Roller Coaster said...

You got A LOT accomplished in a month! We've looking at a deployment ourselves, and hopefully I can stay as busy as you!

Chelle said...

If the first 3 months have been this productive just imagine what the remainder of the time is going to yield for you. Congratulations on your first sale.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are doing an amazing job making it through this deployment! I love that pic..absolutely hilarious! :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like month 3 was great!! So proud of you for maintaining the workout schedule!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Love the T-shirt in the photo!

HellcatBetty said...

Wow you've accomplished quite a bit in only 3 months! Go you!

Jon and Steph said...

Whoa R&R in April! That's awesome! It sounds like you've done a lot and good for you getting to the gym 5 days a week, that takes some serious motivation!

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

Fist pumping rocks...haha!! Remember GTL...Bwahahaha!

On a more serious note: I think you are doing fabulous during this deployment :) You're an amazing example for other military wives!

tehlia said...

wow, that is so great. Busy lady. I love the fist pumping picture, Victorious!!

Alia said...

I love the fist pumping, so so snookie-ish LOL :)

Leah said...

congratulations on selling your first print!! that's really exciting.

i think i'll recommend you for an addition to the cast of Jersey Shore. haha