Sunday, March 21, 2010

Villa Valmarana

Yesterday I ended up exploring a nearby villa with a fellow blogging friend and her group of friends. It was just what I needed. I got out of the house, I got to explore a new place, I got to take plenty of pictures AND I got to eat delish Thai/Japanese food. Saturdays don't get much better than that.

The villa we visited was Villa Valmarana, just down the road from La Rotunda. Here's the website if you wish to read more about it.

Now a few pictures from the day.



Villa Valmarana



I love the scrollwork



Some of the garden in the front of the villa



Early spring flowers coming out



A back view of Mt. Berico



Loved the plants around the villa



Supposedly the villa gets it's name from these dwarf statues that are around it. I believe there were 17 in all.

13 comments:

Christina said...

Beautiful! I would love to visit there one day. (I'm adding this to my list of places I want my husband and I to visit!)

Shoshanah said...

That villa is so pretty! I think one of the best parts about living in Italy must be being able to visit places like this! Places you never would have time to visit if you were only there for a day or two

JG said...

As usual, gorgeous photos! You keep adding places to me "must see before I die" list :)

And I know this is off-topic, but I was wondering if you have had trouble following my blog. Some people have recently, and I noticed that you hadn't really stopped by since I made the URL change. I'm not fishing for comments, honestly! But I didn't want you to think I had blocked you!

Tori Bella said...

Can I be completely honest? When you wrote "Villa Valmarana" I misread it as "Villa Valderrama" and thought you were going to make fun of Wilmer Valderrama which I TOTALLY condone.

Again, gorgeous pictures! I keep telling Chad about how badly I want him to put Italy on his wish list and the other day, randomly, he goes "I hope we never go to Italy. I just have no desire to go there." And I looked over at him in complete horror and said "Really?" He started laughing and said "No, babe! I just know how bad you wanna go there lately so I had to give you a bad time!" By the way, he's getting excited for the picture to get here too!

Julie Danielle said...

These are so pretty! What a fun place to go :) You sure do take advantage of living in Italy :)

Lindsay Gray said...

Great pictures!!! I love all the villas in Italy!

Heather said...

What a neat little villa! Your pictures are always wonderful. Makes me almost feel like I am there!

HellcatBetty said...

Beautiful! I wish I had a villa nearby!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Great photos! That place looks amazing!

Lisa said...

I want to come visit you! Gorgeous photos!

Emily said...

So cool!!

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

Oh Mt. Berico...how I miss thee...my heart is seriously melting :(

Mira said...

I love the picture of the flowers and the tree. :) I am so happy spring is (will be soon) finally here!