Monday, March 8, 2010

Bend and SNAP!

Do you ever have one of those days where you think you just might snap?

Granted today really is not that bad, I feel much better than I did on Saturday, but sometimes I really wish I could just say what I want to people, watch their reaction and then hit rewind to undo it.

Let me explain.

The last couple of weeks I've been taking a spin class on post. I have a love/hate relationship with it. However, I LOVE our teacher and I think she's awesome. Today there were two Chatty Cathy's sitting to one side of me. As in, they didn't shut up the ENTIRE class. Here our spin teacher is trying to give us instructions and one of them actually says, "Um...we can't hear you." I almost snorted when Suzanne (a fellow blogger) says, "Well maybe if you weren't carrying on a conversation" Granted...they didn't hear that, but come on! Not only is it rude to the teacher, but it's rude to the rest of the students who paid for the class to get instruction not to have to listen to you sit there and gossip about what's going on in your company. It was all I could do not to tell them they were extremely rude. They do that next class and I will say something.

Secondly, I called the optometrist on-post to see if I could get in to see them. My eyes are most likely infected again and I can't wear contacts. I don't have an appointment with my eye doctor back home until April, so in the meantime I wanted some drops like I got last time to help with the infection. So...I tell the lady at central appointments that I need an appointment.



Her: Ma'am you'll need to see a general practitioner first.
Me: Why? I had this problem several months ago and saw an optometrist first, without seeing a doctor.
Her: Well....let me let you talk to the optometry people.

Me: I need to make an optometry appointment
Optometry guy: Ma'am, you'll need to talk to central appointments.
Me: I already did, she transferred me to you.
OG: Why? Did she explain to you that we won't have a new doctor in until the end of the month and we are swamped right now.
Me: No, all she did was transfer me to you.
OG: Well what's the problem?
(I explain once again that I have an infection, most likely caused by my contacts and I would like drops to put in my eyes.)
OG: Well, first of all don't wear your contacts. Then see if the infection clears up.
Me: Um...yeah..I haven't been wearing my contacts for a couple of weeks and the infection isn't any better.
OG: Well, you should be wearing your glasses right now.
Me: I am!
OG: Well, it's probably best to not wear your contacts until you see your optometrist in the states.
Me: Uh....yeah. In the meantime I would like drops though.
OG: Well, if it gets any worse then come in and see us!

At this point I just stared at the phone in amazement at the complete stupidity of the situation. Seriously folks? Seriously?

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I used to take a spin class in South Korea at 5am every morning. The problem was that the instructor wouldn't shut the hell up. She would talk the ENTIRE class about her kids, her husband, etc. I ended up stopping because it was so annoying. On Saturdays there was this gorgeous air force guy that would teach the classes and I swear he was like Elvis. So popular. The music, his voice, his body... wow. Such a good class. I miss it!

Sara said...

On a normal day I'd probably nicely ask the girls to hush so I could hear that way I don't snap at them.

I hate our healthcare system sometimes. You're just trying to get something done and no one will listen or help.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I hate having to be on the phone with those people. It's as if they rise to another level of stupidity. Hope the eyes start feeling better.

Natalie said...

Oh my, I feel like I could snap at any moment! Life has just been insane for me lately. I'm surprised your spin class instructor didn't tell them to shut it! That would annoy me big time.

Meg said...

HAHA! I love the talking people! We have one class that is mixed undergrad and masters students, and there is one table--filled with masters students--that feels the need to talk constantly while the professor is talking...it's so rude!

I can feel you on the optometrist too. I had the "I just need new contacts, I don't need my eyes dilated" fight last year. I lost. This year I'm going somewhere else.

Jessica said...

I'm on the fence right now about snapping at people. I have so much going on with the deployment coming up that I honestly can't help it. I'm not one to say things to people usually, but how can people not see that they are being rude? I just can't understand that at all! It drives me crazy.

As for the appointment people, I totally feel you on that. Some days I get great people, and some days I just want to say 'forget it' and hang up!

Krista said...

ahh get tricare prime! seriously i never have issues dealing with off post doctors. though i had major issues when i went to get a new prescription for contacts. did you know that the army does not pay for that? BS

Emily said...

Oh man situations like that make me just shake my head. I don't even know what to say to that kind of stuff ha

JG said...

I think any government phone people are that way. Isn't it nice to get that little taste of home? ;)

Unknown said...

All I can say is breathe deep and take some time out today for just you. Not something you have to do or need to do, but want to do.

GUAMtastic said...

Hahahahaha. I heart you! I can't believe the phone call... oh wait, yes I can! GOOD LUCK!!!

Lisa said...

I love the tag! I definitely was on my way to snapping today, thankfully my shift ended just as I was ready to! Sometimes, you just gotta wonder about people... do they really think before they open their mouths?

Hope the eye infection clears up soon!

Tori Bella said...

I'm taking my first spin class tomorrow night! But if I were taking that class I totally would've been the girl that said told them to shut the heck up!

Maybe English wasn't their first language?

HellcatBetty said...

Haha! I'm so right there with you. Lately, it seems like the idiots are crawling out of the woodworks. I love love love the tag for this post!

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

WOW!! Talk about a double whammy! Sounds like you're surrounded by stupidity...you poor thing :( You should totally give those spinners an earful if they jibber jabber again in the next class...or make them pay for your class...haha :) I also hope you can get your drops soon!!

Rachel said...

I had a yoga class that had the same problem, until the girl I was going with sat next to them one day and was like,"OMG no way thats like totally awsome, she said what?!?!" They totally got the hint, lol. ANd, wow, just wow, to the conversation. I would have called back, well, maybe not, I would have just yelled at them. I hope things are looking up for you!! ( and a huge LOL to what you labeled this blog, ahahhahaha)