Tuesday, November 30, 2010

All Set and Ready to Go...

There are a few additions to my Christmas prep that I've added the past few years. Sometimes it's music, sometimes a funny holiday t-shirt and sometimes it's just a scent that reminds me of Christmases from the past.



I just discovered the wonderfulness that is Diana Krall singing Christmas songs the other day on iTunes and I am hooked. She gives such a retro vibe to her songs that I love.



We can't have a real Christmas tree in this house because Sean is allergic. It was the same way in my family growing up because my brother was allergic. So, to get the lovely pine needle smell that I love, I buy Yankee Candles Christmas Wreath scent. It's heavenly!

I'm a fan of all things Christmas Vacation themed and while browsing Ebay the other day I found some awesome t-shirts from the movie.





Any new Christmas or holiday items you've added the last couple of years?

5 comments:

It's a Dog Tag Wife Life said...

I love that Yankee Candle! We don't have a fresh tree for logistical reasons right now, but I always burn a candle that smells like it. Totally gets me in the Christmas spirit!

Lou said...

i love yankee candles. what a beautiful song thanks for sharing. I am so glad its time for christmas music!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Hahaahaha! I love those shirts! That movie is one of my favorites.

Dana said...

Diana Krall = heaven! I love her voice. I'm still looking for the candles since we're using a plastic tree again this year. As far as new things, I'm more determined this year to start a Hallmark ornament collection. My thing, though, is that each one has to be relevant to our lives in some way. I think it will be a fun challenge!

Unknown said...

OMG I am in love with the Christmas Vacation shirt.. classic!! I want a tshirt with that old lady and her husband arguing about "THE BLESSING!!!"