Friday, November 26, 2010

Advent Ideas

I grew up watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation every year. Every year I wanted an advent house like they had on the movie and I could never find one.

A few years ago I found out that someone was selling them on the web. They are AMAZING and beautiful and perfect, but they're also super expensive. They are $1000 for the house. Granted, they are well constructed and even have brick and mortar, but still quite pricey. One of these days I'll save up and buy one and treat it as a family heirloom.

Here's a picture of the house:



While I'm on the topic of advent, I wanted to share with you the advent list I found on Katherine Marie's blog. It's a random acts of kindness advent list for Christmas and I was blown away when I read it. What a wonderful idea! If you're curious as to what is on the list, click here to read it.

Hope you all enjoyed Black Friday! I did nothing but put up our tree as Italy obviously doesn't even know Black Friday exists or what it is and it was snowing. First snow of the year for us!

6 comments:

Christy said...

I love that movie!! Def a Christmas classic!

I gonna have to check out the random acts of kindness advent list - sounds great!!

Yay for the first snow! The 1st snow of the season is always fun!!

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

Wow, love that acts of kindness list! Thanks for sharing! I just bought an advent house from Pottery Barn this year... Im super excited.

Sara said...

Advent! Yes! You wont believe how surprised I was when I saw your blog title! No one around me knows what an advent calendar is, not even my husband. My family has done one since we were little. They have ranged in all sizes, and even a small chocolate calendar when I got older. So this year, since my husband is deployed and I'm in Colorado by myself, my mother created a fairly large advent calendar for me. I was so excited to tell someone... but no one had a clue what I was talking about. She got a advent wall hanging from Potty Barn and sent me 25 numbered presents. I cant wait for December 1st!!

I hope you get your house some day. I cant believe it's so expensive! But it is very adorable.

Samantha said...

My husband inherited two great advent calendars. Not a house but still beautiful. I'm so happy to have them!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I always love seeing the advent in Christmas Vacation! I found a similar one at a TJ Maxx a few years ago and bought it!

B. Wilson @ Windy {City} Wilsons said...

I bought this baby last year... but sadly it says it's no longer available!
http://www.gardeners.com/Gingerbread-Advent-Calendar/37-643,default,pd.html