Friday, August 13, 2010

No Autographs Please! And MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

Some of you may remember this post where I blogged about attending the taping of a Food Network show when I was in NYC back in April.

Well, the show that I was on aired on Wednesday and I've had several people tell me they saw me several times. If you want to tune in, a repeat will play this weekend. It's called 24 Hour Restaurant Battle and it's on Saturday at 4p.m. EST/3p.m. CST. Oh..and I'm wearing a bright green shirt! I guess that would be an important detail to add for those of you who haven't ever seen me.

Now on to the Friday Fill-In. Join in at Wife of a Sailor.



1.What is ONE thing you’d like civilians to understand about being a military family?
I'd like them to understand a bit more about deployments and the war in general. A lot of people were floored when I said Sean was deploying because they thought that, "Obama was bringing all the troops back home." Seriously people?

2.What is your favorite mistake?
Talking to an Army boy via MySpace. Obviously you know the rest of that story!

3.What indulgence could you give up for a year?
Hmm...I'm not sure. I'd like to say Reeses or Dr. Pepper, but when I've had a particularly rough day I like to be able to have one of them. I could probably go without watching TV for a year if I could have access to the Internet.

4.If you could be a winged animal, what would you be?
I'd be a peacock, but not the female because they don't have the pretty feathers. Does that make me sound weird?

5.What is one question you’d like to see asked in a future MFF?
If you were a spice, what would you be? I always find those answers interesting. And what are some things on your bucket list?

15 comments:

Mrs. Mootz said...

Isn't weird that with most species the male is the "pretty" one, but with us humans it's the opposite (well, in most cases). I always found that weird...haha!

Anonymous said...

I agree, as long as I had internet, I could deal with not having a television.

Brooke Ashley said...

HA! I love your #1 so very true!

Uncork and Unwined said...

You guys are definitely not the only ones with crazy road trip stories. It seems like every time we travel, we have some crazy happen.

I could definitely go without TV for a year. We've only recently gotten AFN after 2+ months of no TV. Can't do without the internet though!

The Pink Chick said...

It's so cool that you got to go to a taping! I will definitely try to catch the show when they rerun it!

Ashley said...

My sister-in-law told me recently that my husband wouldn't have to deploy because Obama was bringing the troops home! UGH! My husband isn't even going to Afghanistan!

Tori Bella said...

Talking to an Army boy via MySpace! Same favorite mistake here!

I'm glad you know that girl peacocks are ugly. Random Tori Fact of the Day: My dad raised peacocks. They're so annoying!

Lauren said...

I love the spice question. It's different and interesting and now I'm thinking of what I would be!

I'maNolaGirl said...

Aren't Reeses just the best comfort food?!

So... which spice would you be? I think I'd go with a blend of some kind. Maybe, herbes de Provence. It it classic and very very French!

silver star said...

Can you watch tv on the internet? If so, I could give it up, mine works half the time as it is, so I'm used to it. I'm guessing the peacock my cat tried to pounce on was a male, what little I saw of its feathers, they looked pretty.

Unknown said...

whoa, you were on TV? how long have i been gone from the blogging world?? LOL.

i wish civies understood all the negative feelings that come with deployments. i remember telling my dad about my anger and insecurity and even resentment towards the end of the deployment, and he basically told me that i was being a bad wife and matt didn't deserve me to feel that way about him. i felt that he was judgmental without trying to even understand what it's like to suddenly be single for 7 months.

i certainly don't EXPECT people to just KNOW those things, but you'd think they'd at least want to try!

but i agree, people just need to be more informed in general about what's going on. i listen to NPR news, morning edition, two days a week on my way to work (for about twenty minutes!) and i have heard multiple times about the war and obama. if people just invested a LEEEEETLE time in catching up on news, they would be a lot more informed!

hmb said...

Did someone say Dr Pepper? Mmmmm...

Veronika said...

I agree with #1 & no... #4 doesn't make you sound weird! :)

Anonymous said...

Ooo... love your questions. And so far, I think you are the only one who said peacock (or even peahen!).

Mary Teresa said...

LOL @ Yummy Mummy's comment. Never thought of it that way!

Love the spice question. I'm now thinking hard on it.