Sunday, August 1, 2010

Girls Roadtrip: Asiago

On Saturday, three other wives and I decided to do a little roadtrip to Asiago. (Yes, it is indeed home of Asiago cheese).

Asiago is only about an hour drive and it was so worth it! It's a smaller town and there's honestly not a lot to it, but I enjoyed the open meadows and cows scattered around. In all honesty, it was like we had driven to Germany or Austria. You'd never even think you were in Italy if it weren't for people speaking Italian.



Asiago view, right by the market.



My lunch: Cheese wrapped with speck( a type of ham from the Tirol region) mushrooms and polenta.



Fence and meadow on our hike up to the WWI monument.



The WWI monument. I have to say I don't know a lot about WWI or the battles fought around our area. Perhaps I should study up.



Meadows around Asiago. I wish I could move here. I miss open space!



We stopped to play on some playground equipment. You're never too old for a playground!



The most awesome Fiat EVER!



This church looks almost exactly like one in Innsbruck. I just love how cute the buildings are here!



Straw people! Of course I had to pose with them.

13 comments:

lola said...

Yay for girlie roadtrips! I really enjoyed my trip with my buddy -- although I am wishing we had that delish lunch you had!

Glad you all had fun!

Anonymous said...

The first time I had speck was in Atlanta, of all places--and it was delicious!! My mouth is watering at the thought of it wrapped around cheese. Sounds like an amazing girls' trip! Color me jealous :)

Anonymous said...

Love the pink Fiat! It almost looks like the Italian version of the Mary Kay pink Cadillac!

Jessica Lynn said...

You make me want to move to Italy NOW! i'm crossing my fingers there's a spot open when we're up for a move.

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

Hey there... I have an award for you at my blog! Come check it out! :)

Mowenackie said...

These pictures are amazing! I SO want to go to Italy. Thanks for sharing them.

Uncork and Unwined said...

Your lunch looks amazing! The food here in Germany is good, but I much prefer Italian. Looks like you guys had a great time!

Stephanie Hartman said...

Aw those pictures are beautiful.. I'm so glad you had a wonderful time..

Anonymous said...

I just love straw people. :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love the pictures!! Roadtrips are always so much fun!

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

Your pics are fab! A girls roadtrip sounds like so much fun! And I love, love, love the pink Fiat...it's SOOO cute!!

Kansas Girl said...

Wow! Looks like a great trip all around! Making my list of places to go while I'm Italy. Looks like Asiago is on the list.

Ms. Emmy N said...

Hi! Just found your blog, love it! And I was just in Italy last fall ~ So wish I would have gone to Asiago, it looks grogeous!! And I love cheese :)

Excited to read more!