Saturday, August 7, 2010

Nove: Home of Ceramics

One of my favorite local places to shop here in Italy is a little town called Nove. They are known for their ceramics and after a few visits there, I am hooked.

They have some famous collections like Tiffany, Ralph Lauren, Lenox and Williams-Sonoma. Generally those collections are small, but I did spy a Tiffany cake stand that I really wanted this past visit.

My main objective this time, besides getting a gift for a friend, was to get some awesome FiestaWare-esque dishes for my own home. I'm obsessed with FiestaWare and the color turquoise, but currently don't want to spend the moolah on it, so I'm working on my knock-off Italian version.

I got everything in the picture below for 20 Euro. Not a bad price in my opinion.



There were about 3 other items in the collection, but I'm doing it a little at at time. Ideally I'd like a place setting for 6 or 8, but we'll see.

Now I just need to get to Poland for some Polish pottery....

9 comments:

Living the Long Life... said...

I LOVE Nove and I pink fuzzy heart the pieces you picked out! Because of your post I am thinking I need to go sometime in the next couple of weeks! I will just tell my hubby it is your fault! HA!

And I agree on going to Poland for some Polish pottery!

lola said...

Oooh, FABULOUS. If I ever make it to Italy, I think I'll have to pay this town a visit!

Unknown said...

Ohhh I love those! I have no idea what 20 euro converts to but it sounds great to me.

Funny you mention Polish pottery-- is Poland known for its pottery?-- the previous skipper's wife of our current squadron gave out pottery she bought in Poland as hostess gifts for the wives who hosted meetings at their house.

Anonymous said...

O!M!G! I love it! I'm mentally making a note to visit this city if I ever make it to Italy again!

Amanda said...

I love Nove! I'm actually going to blog about my recent purchases this week haha.

I like what you bought!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love those! So cute!

Paula said...

I've been wanting to go to Nove so bad. Hopefully before too long!

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

I miss Nove :( I would love to see what the cake stand looks like :)

Sarah said...

I love my Fiestaware but, um, Italian knockoffs sound SO cool. I'd trade so I could tell people, "yeah, they're ITALIAN." =]