Saturday, August 14, 2010

We Need To Talk

I wanted to let you all know out there that I'm grateful for you that follow my blog, who read my blog and who take time to comment. I hope you guys never feel like you can't comment simply because you don't want to disagree with me or with others who comment. I know that there are a few people out there that don't comment for that very reason. Who are afraid they are going to get flamed for having a different opinion.

Please don't feel like that. I love when people have opinions, whether they are different than mine or not. I like hearing what you have to say. The only time I will EVER discourage someone commenting is if they personally attack me or another blogger. I've had that happen a few times and I'm not ok with that. Otherwise, don't ever hesitate to put your opinion out there. I promise I won't e-mail you and rip you a new one for disagreeing.

That is all.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you knew, but you were mentioned on Spouse Buzz this weekend! congrats!

http://www.spousebuzz.com/blog/2010/08/around.html

JG said...

I agree. It's fine to have a different opinion. But then, most of the time, if somebody's written a whole blog post detailing how they feel about X, and I don't agree, I usually won't even comment, because it's their blog and their platform, not mine. Unless, of course, it's a case where somebody says something that's just blatantly false or damaging, in which case I think it's probably good for someone to go, "Actually, that's not the case."

But it's like facebook. No one is forcing you to read it or agree with it. If you don't like it, read something else.

Jenny said...

i'm a sucky commenter. i just dont do it often. But I will comment more often because i love your blog. I think i live vicariously through your photos of your adventures because some days it feel like we may NEVER leave ft. polk.

but, anyway... i too love differences of opinion, as long as everyone can respect the other. I love debating!

lola said...

I try to share my opinions with others politely if I don't agree, but sometimes I just give up and don't bother.

I don't ever feel like I have to be careful with what I say/comment on your blog though! :)

Jeannette said...

I completely disagree with this blog post!

*giggle*

Random Musings said...

I agree.. Its so hard some times though... : )

Jessica said...

I agree with JG. Most of the time, if I disagree totally with a post (I honestly can't think of any of yours that I have!)I won't comment unless that person is asking for opinions. Unless I feel strongly enough, then I will in a polite manner. I'm not sure why I don't though.. like you.. I certainly wouldn't mind anyone disagreeing with me.. I love to hear others opinions!

Lindsay Gray said...

Hey! Lookie! I blogged again!!

Sorry, just had to let you know because I'm just THAT darn proud of myself.

Thank you. I'll go sit down now.

Unknown said...

Hi..I'm your reader,but I'm terrible in commenting.Sorry..but I will put more effort in the comment next time.

*love your blog* ^^

Amie said...

Having different opinions is a great thing, but only if the people can effectively convey their meaning without being downright rude. I love that one of my close friends is like that, we can totally disagree on something but it doesn't affect our friendship.