Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Puppy Problems

I had a long, crazy day at the office. I'm up to my ears in new claims coming in and I just wanted to come home to a nice, relaxing home and rest.

Well...Boomer had other ideas. He insists on provoking the neighbor's dog! If he knows it's outside he will stick his head under the fence, bark at it and then nip at it when it comes over to him. I'm sitting here on the computer trying to read a blog and I hear a commotion coming from outside. I immdediately run outside, find him halfway under the fence, grab him, promptly smack him on the behind and tell him no and then bring him inside with me. I don't want my neighbors to hate me because my dog insists on being aggressive to their dog. He gets in trouble, yet he continues to do it. I don't want to not let him go outside at all, but I don't want him to hurt their dog either. Has anyone dealt with this? With dogs in general or more specifically with Min-Pins? If so please let me know!

Anyway, Sean is gone to the field for X amount of days. He's heard several different things. So like the Army isn't it? He's heard 2 days, 4 days and 8 days. Personally I'm hoping it's anything but the 8 days. I might go crazy with just me and Boomer here for 8 days. I did get to have lunch with him today though before the left for the field so that was a nice suprise.

On my way out of work today I found two heads-up pennies on the ground. I consider that to be very lucky, even though I don't exactly believe in luck. So I took it as a good sign and pocketed them. On my way home though I passed a horrible wreck at this intersection that I use every morning on the way to work. It made me stomach clench just seeing the vehicles, especially because one was on it's side. I just hope everyone is alright.

Well, time for me to go put my feet up for a bit before I venture to the gym.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

I got the layout from pyzam.com, which I saw on one of your posts! :) Sorry about the doggy problems. And lame about the field! Rob was infantry too so I remember those random field adventures. I just told him about the 2 days, 4 days, 6 days thing and he said "Yep, sounds about right." :) Where are you guys stationed again? I hope you're doing well.