Sunday, June 22, 2008

Moving Out

It's a beautiful, sunny day here in Louisiana. Boomer is laying in a sunbeam in the floor of the bedroom, I'm taking a break from cleaning the house to sneak in a blog. Sean is out in the field for a few hours today, but should be back this afternoon.

I'm also quite pleased because our neighbors are moving out. They are actually a Marine family and he is a recruiter in the next town over from us and so they have been here for about a month and a half, but they are moving out today. I'm not sad because, A. the wife and I had a conversation about deployments and she made it known her husband annoys her and if he weren't recruiting she'd want him deployed again. B. they have 3 dogs, two of which are considered dangerous breeds here on post and they CONSTANTLY bark everytime I set foot out the door or even open the door for that matter. That I can do without.

So, in the meantime I'm going to enjoy having no next-door neighbors and hope for some good neighbors this next time around.

This weekend has been interesting so far. Friday night Sean and I went out with four of his friends and it was pretty much my job to keep them all in line. Sean actually had to calm a few of them down a few times. You know how younger 20-something guys can be. It was entertaining though to say the least and they all insisted on calling me, "Mrs. Payne" I don't know if it was a respect thing or what since Sean and I are both older than all of them, but I finally told them to just call me Melissa. Did they listen? Nope...I was still Mrs. Payne all night. For some reason a few of the places we were at kept giving me trouble about being underage. I may look young, but I'm almost 25 and I guess I could take that as a sort-of compliment, but it really got to be annoying after awhile.

Anyway....I guess I should get back to cleaning. I'd like to get done before Sean gets home.

4 comments:

The Mrs. said...

just dont think all marine families are like your neighbors. some are quite nice... like me : )

enjoy your peace and I hope you hit the neighbor jackpot this time.

Caitlin said...

Wow what a lame neighbor! And I agree, it's not just Marine families that are wacked. I've seen quite a few ca-razy wives. Obviously I've met good ones too. :)

Anyway I hope you have a good rest of the weekend...back to work tomorrow!

K.C. said...

So frustrating to have rough neighbors.. It can make for a rough life.. Here's to hoping you have a nice hiatus... and get lucky on your new ones.. Kayce

Jrzy Army Wife said...

Congrats on getting rid of your neighbors. My crackhead neighbor upstairs actually got KICKED out. I was super happy. Hope your next neighbors are better.