Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I'm Guilty

I think I'm in a blogging rut. The last couple of days I've started a few posts, only to leave them unfinished in my drafts folder. Not sure the cause of this. Guess it all happens to the best of us.

So today I'm going to do an I'm Guilty Of blog. Enjoy!

I'm guilty of:

-making snap judgements on people I have and haven't met. Usually my judgements turn out to be wrong and I know it's not really right to judge people, but it's a hard habit to break.

-sometimes taking the best piece or cut of meat when Sean and I have steak or chicken.

-taking 30 minutes to get up and retrieve something, just because I don't want to make the effort to get up and go get it.

-thinking Eric Balfour is quite possibly the hottest actor out there.

-wishing Sean would let me drive most mornings because the way he drives makes me car sick!

-wanting to slam on my brakes when people tailgate me, it seems to be a national pastime in Italy. Although it's not the Italians that bug me when they do this, it's the Americans!

-being aggravated when people try to add me on MySpace that I don't know. If I don't know you, then please don't add me! It's just that simple.

-of thinking maybe it's not such a bad thing not having a career. I really have enjoyed all the different job opportunities that have come my way since graduating college.

-collecting magazines. I'm a sucker for People, Glamour and US Weekly. Almost everytime Sean and I go to the shoppette I pick out at least one magazine.

-not having the best self-image. I try to like how I look, but there's always a day when I wish I were thinner/prettier/able to wear cute hats on my big head. :)

-wanting to slap women when they try to act stupid. If you are trying to attract men with this ploy then you really deserve to be slapped.

-spoiling Boomer to the extreme. He now wants to eat whatever I'm eating and when we go to bed he insists on laying between Sean and I with his head on the pillow. I'm pretty sure he thinks he's human.

-of blog envy. Some of you have the cutest setups on your blog. JLC at French Kiss and Becca at Lovely Yellow Ribbons are just a few. I love my background and header, but I need to organize my blog sidebars some more.

I think that's enough for today!

Ciao

16 comments:

jlc said...

Ahhh I love mags!!! Guilty here too.

Lovely yellow ribbons did my blog work! I take noooo credit. And you look GREAT by the way! Seriously when you post pics people don't just get jealous of you being in Italyyy my dear!!

Megan said...

Just saw your comment. My min pin definitely thinks she is our human child. She is 3 years old and highly opinionated and goofy. They are the best dogs though! :)

hmb said...

Friend requests on myspace and facebook always annoy me too...but then I always freak out because perhaps I met that person back in a 5th grade science class or something...so I always accept...I'm a doormat I guess.

Becca said...

My dog always expects to eat when we do. It's pretty funny. Our vet said if we got another dog it could really mess with her head because she really might think she is human and another dog would ruin that for her! HAHA.

As for the Girls Next Door Workout. I really like it. It isn't super intense, but it isn't easy either. I like Holly's workout the best, then Bridget's. I've never been able to make it through Kendra's. I usually do it 2 times in a row (each workout is about 15 minutes long). I use it as my "break" from my 50 minute cardio DVDs.

tootie said...

I agree about the career thing. I'm enjoying the random jobs I've had so far.

I looove magazines, too. I have them stockpiled all around the house :)

d.a.r. said...

My doggies definitely think they are humans, too!

Sondre Lyn said...

I love this blog! I had to laugh at the hat comment. My daughter has a huge head. (Say that like Bubba in the Forrest Gump movie, as in, I got big gums! :D) But she is the cutest in hats. I bet you are too and just don't realize it! :D

And I have always loved the way your blog looks. Love the whole pinup thing.

rebecca said...

Lol, merci! If you want anything spruced up on your bloggie let me know. A little spring cleaning, perhaps! Lol...

Not a bad post for not knowing what to write. Highly enjoyable :)

I'll come clean. I'm guilty of pretty much EVER thing you are. Except spoiling Boomer. I don't know him. But I do adore my own little min-pin, Chester. :)

Sassy Engineer said...

I hear ya about blog block (that's what I decided to call my blog writer's block). I like your list - I am guilty of some of those things too. For some reason the meat one made me laugh, and I do that sometimes too.

Maybe I missed this in reading one day, but did you ever get your stuff that was being shipped?

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

This is yet another reason why I love blogging... free therapy :)

I happen to think you are quite wonderful!

-Andrea

The Rest is Still Unwritten said...

Hah, this was so cute! You are such a doll! So, I do have to agree on a few things: I don't want to slam my breaks when someone tailgates me, I do. I love mags as well, I think most girls do. And, my dogs are so rotten it's not even cute anymore!

Tasha said...

I love your blog layout! I'm totally jealous of it! :-) It's adorable! Great post for having writer's block!

Brando said...

I always take the best cuts of meat, or best looking part of dinner when it's just me and my hubby. He would rather me be happy anyway.

And I do sometimes push on my brakes when people are tailgating me b/c it really pisses me off. But I wouldn't recommend it there- people driving in Italy are c-r-a-z-y! as you have already witnessed.

Abbie said...

I'm the same with with magazines too and Ryan always makes fun of me for my obsession with celebs. Oh well!

Anonymous said...

So it was good seeing you today! Yeah so our taxes....big joke. Be ready when you go next year...since the USO is non profit it means its going to be a 'complicated' return because you are making 'foreign income' LAME. Took us a hour to file! Insane! Anywhos hope the rest of your week goes well!!

Lindsey said...

I get car sick with my guy drives too. Its the shifting though. Ive actually threatened to wear a neck brace when he drives.