Saturday, September 25, 2010

Snapshot Saturday: Santorini

It's been awhile since I posted an installment in our cruise vacation from this summer, so I thought it was time I posted about Santorini.

Santorini was the third stop on our cruise and my favorite. Eight hours there was not enough, I'd love to go back and spend a few days just relaxing on the island. The town we ended up going to on Santorini was Fira. There are 3 ways up to the top of Fira where the actual town is at. Donkey, cable car or you can walk up a million steps. I chose the cable car. Call me lazy!



I'm a huge fan of the white buildings on Santorini. They really make everything around them "pop".



I loved this bar sign, so naturally I took a picture.



These gates looked out on a spectacular view of the harbor. You can't see it, but I loved the gates just as much.



This is one of my favorite pictures I took on the vacation. Unfortunately the ISO was set high by accident and there is a lot of noise in it. Otherwise, I love it!



Looking back at the town of Fira.



This is on the far side of Fira, looking at one of the churches.



This is what I think of when I think of Santorini. I walked all the way to the far side of Fira just to get pictures of these.

And this:







Looking down at the ships in the harbor.

I didn't take a shore excursion here, my main focus was just to go around and take pictures of the island. Actually, that was my main objective on all the stops on our cruise. Plus shore excursions are expensive and...I'm pretty cheap.

Next up in the installment: Corfu, Greece.

8 comments:

Allison said...

GIRL - you should have taken the donkey :) It was quite an experience!

Love your pics...Santorini is probably one of my favorite places too!

Mrs. F said...

Beautiful photos! I NEED to get to Greece someday!!

Rebecca said...

Beautiful!

Rebecca (Craving Simplicity) said...

How beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

These photos were absolutely beautiful! :)

Mom in High Heels said...

Gorgeous!!!! I need to go there.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

the photos look fantastic!

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

Love the pics as always! I would have opted for the cable car too, although the donkey could have been an interesting mode of transportation :)