Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ch-ch-ch Changes!

To my hair that is.

I have long hair. It hasn't been highlighted since April because I don't trust the Italians with my hair. (No offense to any Italians out there)

I want it cut and highlighted and I'm a teensy bit tired of having long hair. So I want to mix it up. Plus, my hair grows really fast so I figure if I don't like it, I'm not stuck with it for long.

I like both of these styles:





The only thing I'd add to the second picture is a little less bang and a little more length.

However, I don't know my face shape and I have NO idea what hairstyles look good on me. So, I'm taking a picture of my face for you guys to help me out.



Ok, here's the pic I took like 5 minutes ago, please excuse my unkempt hair and crazy eyes. Yes, I put the pic in black and white because I have no make-up on. Don't judge.

Any guesses on face shape?

Yay or nay on the haircut? Suggestions?

14 comments:

tootie said...

I am by no means a hair expert, but I think both cuts would be super cute!!

I think there's a website (maybe through InStyle magazine?) where you can upload your picture and "try on" different hair cuts. Maybe that would help?

Mrs. F said...

They're both cute! Although, FYI, from experience I know that the second cut is kinda high maintenance with all the blunt layers, can;t really put it up without a ton of bobby pins. What about the first one with some longer bangs? Man, I really need to get my hair cut and highlighted but I need to find a new hairdresser in DC, which is scary!

lola said...

I like the first one! :) I don't really know a ton about cuts and whatnot, I usually ask the stylist for something low maintenance and what he/she thinks would look best.

Random Musings said...

I think both would be SUPER cute on you!

But I think the first one is less maintenance but I love them both

Rebecca (Craving Simplicity) said...

I am so bad with face shapes, but I think both cuts would look great on you!!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I have no idea about what shape face but I think that first cut would look great on you!

That's Mrs. Russell said...

i think both are cute.. the 2nd one would be a lot more effort to fix.

Uncork and Unwined said...

I think both would look great, but Im a bigger fan of the second one!

Unknown said...

I like the first one most!! I think it would fit your face!

Unknown said...

I love the first one..

Living the Long Life... said...

I love them both and the second picture is actually the cut I showed when I did mine last week! And said, less bangs please! I have been wearing it more smooth but yesterday went total rock star with it and it looked cute!

I think both would be cute on you. The first will be a little easier but the second you can wear more ways. And in that picture your face looks oval/square to me. I think you would look great with a side swept bang!
Whatever you decide I am sure it will be hot!

Monique said...

I am a big fan of this haircut. It's super cute! This should be real puuurty on you :)

Unknown said...

both are super fun! i think the first one looks easier but i just got dreads-- why go with easy?:]

Anonymous said...

I feel your reluctance in getting a haircut by a foreigner. I recently got my haircut by a middle-aged Korean lady at the salon on post. She actually did a fantastic job and she proudly said, "Looks better than picture!" (One I showed her in a magazine). She had a cute and funky cut herself!

I think the second one frames more round faces, so I think the first one would look the most complimentary, but both are adorable! I'm not a professional either

Good luck on the new cut!

Jennie Pie
"Capturing Sweet in the East."