Friday, September 3, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

Join in over at Wife of a Sailor!



This week’s questions are:

1.What is a weird/funny superstition that you have?
Hmm..I can't think of any off the top of my head. I knock on wood a lot though. Not that original of a superstition though!

2.What are your hopes and dreams for the years AFTER the military? After all, we aren’t in it forever!

Personally I'd like to settle within a decent driving distance of my family. I'd love my kids to grow up knowing their relatives and being close with them like I did. Other than that I just want a house, a garden and yearly trips to fun places.

3.Since [this] month is National Apple Month (no really!), I’d probably ask: What is your yummiest apple recipe?
Well, I don't make it, but my Grandma makes fantastic apple butter. Seriously, theres nothing better than apple butter on warm toast.

4.How long have you gone as a military spouse without talking to your husband/wife during service?
Two or three weeks was the longest. He was in Germany doing training.

5.I occasionally watch When I was 17… on MTV. So, what was something that was significant about your 17th year of life?
I graduated high school and started my first year at Oklahoma State University! Go Pokes!

7 comments:

Uncork and Unwined said...

Yep, raw apples give me major stomach aches. Apple butter sounds delicious!

Amanda said...

I absolutely love Apple Butter...oh man, now I want some.

Mrs. F said...

I love apple butter too!

Mrs. Mootz said...

I used to knock on wood alot and then I found out I was using it in the wront context.


Apple butter is so yummy!

hmb said...

Homemade apple butter is yum! We used to eat it on biscuits! Cracker Barrel's really doesn't measure up to the homemade kind :(

OKinUK said...

Found your site from a link on Slate- article by a military wife.
I'm from Oklahoma and am living in England so I can totally get behind you on the familiar restaurant issue. Living in NE England is nowhere near anything like Norman.
Anyways, I appreciate your writing... Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

I have never had apple butter but that is sure something to try out.