Friday, September 10, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

Join in over at Wife of a Sailor!



1.Do you set goals for yourself during deployment? What are some of them?
I do, in fact I had a whole list somewhere on my blog. My main goals were to learn how to sew, work out 5 days a week,finish my college scrapbook, run a 5K and read 50 books. I've accomplished or nearly accomplished a lot that was on my list. I've still been working on it even though Sean got sent home early from this deployment.

2.What would you say to someone dating a military guy or gal?
If you are a planner or very Type A, you'll never survive military life until you learn how to adapt to change. Find out if they are career or if they are getting out in a few year. I've heard of endless problems where the spouse decides to do career and upsets the non-military spouse.

3.If you have children, how do you prepare them to move to a new place?
I have no children, so I'm obviously going to skip this!

4.Name one hobby that gets you through alone time.
Reading, photography and editing, blogging. Four instead of one. I couldn't help myself.

5.What’s the one food you don’t ever get tired of?
Can I just be generic and say Mexican food? I miss it SO much living in Italy.
There's only so much pasta a girl can eat.

8 comments:

Uncork and Unwined said...

I seriously miss good Mexican food too! And real sushi!

Michelle said...

Oh, that would be hard to go without Mex. I'll have a margarita and a taco for you this weekend!

Michelle said...

Wait, what did Kendra say? They don't have sushi?! That's it, I'm never going there.

Rebecca (Craving Simplicity) said...

I don't know if I could survive without Mexican food!! :)

Amanda said...

Mmm I miss Mexican food too!

Amanda said...

I agree with the last question so much, Mexican is what I miss the most as well.

Anonymous said...

Ah, man! No Mexican or sushi!?! That's like...illegal...or something, right?!

hmb said...

You know what is really weird? There are really no Mexican restaurants here. Strange to be in the states and not have one. There is a lunchtruck type thing that sits out by a military clothing store in the summer. But I'm not so excited to order Mexican from a lunch truck.