Friday, September 17, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

Join in over at Wife of a Sailor!



1.How do you spend your deployment money, do you save, pay off bills or enjoy the extra money while it is there to buy the things you do not normally have?
Well, this was our first deployment, and as you know Sean ended up being gone only six months. We actually did save a good chunk of it though, but we do use some of it on traveling as well.

2.If you could relive one occasion or moment, what would it be?
Hmm..toughie. I know a lot of people say wedding and although that was a good day, I'd already been married for Sean five months by the time our wedding ceremony rolled around, so I'm going to say the first day we ever spent together.

3.What’s the worst job you ever had and if it was so bad why did you take it?
I worked in the bakery at Sirloin Stockade. I only had the job for about three months before I got sick with mono and quit. It was an AWFUL job. I always smelled like food, the hours sucked and I just hate working in a restaurant, but I was a desperate college student who needed money for rent, so I took the job.

4.If you could play any character on TV, who would you be?
Carrie Bradshaw. She had a crappy love life, but she had great shoes, friends and a rent-controlled apartment in NYC. What's not to like?

5.If you could become the world’s expert in something, what would it be?
Languages. I wish I knew a ton of languages, but I only know English and a smattering of Spanish and Italian.

6 comments:

Jessica Lynn said...

Languages is a great answer to that question. I was stumped for awhile on that one, but I really like yours. How fantastic would it be to be able to retain so much knowledge?!

Rebecca (Craving Simplicity) said...

I would love to speak other languages, but I HATE learning them!! I wish I could just skip that part! :)

Veronika said...

I agree with you about Carrie Bradshaw... she has wonderful shoes! :)

hmb said...

If you become expert in Italian, let me know! I want to learn! I actually considered buying a Rosetta stone :)

silver star said...

Ooh, I like your answer to #4! I wish I had as nice of a pair of shoes as she had.

Sarah said...

Could not agree more on being a language expert! I know it will never happen tho so my goal is to just get Spanish down. And considering half of California speaks Spanish it's probably a good idea on my part. Haha.
As for your question of ordering fabric online, I've never actually done it myself. I've either been too chicken or had too hard of a time finding something that I love. BUT I've heard awesome things about Fabric.com and Fabricworm.com- so far just looking around I like fabricworm better. Good luck!