Wednesday, September 8, 2010

In the Past 24 Hours

I found out I have one wisdom tooth coming in where I had a molar pulled last year. This explains the pain I've had chewing on that side lately. I just find it odd because I'm older (27) and the dentist told me last year my wisdom teeth were so far up he'd be surprised if they ever came in.

I got a package from my dear friend Kebi. In it were: canned peaches, peach jam, peach butter,a jar of homemade salsa, the soundtrack from Glee and her recipe for peach cobbler. (Which I am so making this weekend) Kebi is such a sweet girl, she always makes the best care packages and I'm very proud to call her my friend.



Got some news that means we probably won't be going back to Oklahoma for Christmas this year. I kind of expected it, just because we weren't sure if Sean would be getting block leave or not since he redeployed in June, but he's told me they are sending him to a school that is the entire month of December so that nixes any travel for us. I'll admit it, I'm sad. My cousin is also getting married around that time and I wanted to be home for that. It's times like these that the Army life is a little difficult.

Finished another Patricia Cornwell book. I'm a little late to her Kay Scarpetta series, but I've been reading them for about a month and I am hooked.

Listened to some kid in our apartment complex play his drums non-stop. Really? You buy your kid a drum-set when you live in an apartment complex? Explain that logic to me please.

7 comments:

hmb said...

They always ruin fun travel plans! GRRR!

Rebecca (Craving Simplicity) said...

I'm so sorry about your Christmas plans! I can't imagine how hard that is. I really admire those of you who deal with things like that daily!!

Michelle said...

Drum set in an apartment complex? Realyl? Oh, there's a special place in hell for that parent.

Amanda said...

Yea, Gregg doesn't get block leave either...I'm sorry you can't go home. You are going to have to pass that recipe my way once you try it out!

This American Wife said...

Sorry to hear about your non-existant Christmas/holiday plans. The Army has a great way of ruining plans, don't they?

As for Patricia Cornwall, I <3 the Scarpetta books. A lot.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Sorry to hear about your holiday plans. At least you didn't find out last minute. That would have been even worse!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the travel plans and the drum set! I came across your blog from Jessica at "(Mis)Adventures of an Army Wife." I'm now a follower!

Never read Patricia Cornwell, but I've heard such great things. I might just have to pick up one of her books. :)