Thursday, March 24, 2011

On The Radio

On Italian radio we get quite a mish-mash of current hits along with Italian favorites and obscure songs I've never heard of in my life.

First up?

Rebecca Black- "Friday"

I'm sorry, but this song AND video are awful. I feel bad for the girl, because the comments are downright mean on YouTube, but how this song even got made, I don't know. If you thought Ke$ha lyrics were badly written, you should listen to this song.



Maroon 5- "Pure Imagination"

I heard this for the first time today. I couldn't figure out who was singing this remixed version of the song from the movie Willie Wonka, but I found out it was Maroon 5. Odd.



Fabri Fibra- "Tranne Te" (Except You)

This is my favorite Italian song right now. It's so catchy! Basically the song title is "Except You" and although I can make out most of the lyrics, I don't know them enough to really explain the concept. Love the beat though!




Jimmy Bo Horne- "Spank"
Last, but not least, I heard this little gem leftover from the disco era several weeks ago. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy disco, but this song? Not so much.



I'd really like to know who decided this song would be a great one to make.

9 comments:

The Rest is Still Unwritten said...

yeah the Maroon 5 thing is a little weird...and creepy.

Jessica Lynn said...

Whoa. That is a super creepy video of Maroon 5. What happened to them putting out awesome sexual innuendo songs? That's going to give me bad dreams.

Jessica Lynn said...

And wow. That "Friday" song was something else. Did you watch the video? There were like 10-year-old kids talking about partying! Oh my.

Anonymous said...

Oh my God, I can't believe that Friday is being played on the radio over there! It's been a HUGE viral video over here, with all kinds of comedians, web sites and late night talk shows making fun of it. That's hilarious that they're playing it as though it's a legitimate hit, haha!

Cat said...

Yeah, definitely haven't been hearing Friday on the radio here--thank you JESUS! But the girl even did an interview on Good Morning America. The parodies on Youtube are hilarious though! This one is my fave: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w2ZpyPTeUc

Becca said...

You've just absolutely reinforced my choice to never listen to Italian radio. I'd rather drive in silence for the next year and a half than hear "Friday" coming out of my speakers.

Shoshanah said...

They're actually playing Friday on the radio there? It's all over the internet here, but I've yet to actually hear it on the radio. And I know I'm in the minority. But I kind of like the song. It's just so catchy!

stefanie said...

Maroon 5 seem to become stranger and weirder with every new song they come out with. What happened to the good old days of "Songs about Jane"?

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

I love the Maroon 5 version of Pure Imagination. I showed my lover the video and he's a bit freaked out though...haha :)