Friday, March 25, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

Join in over at Wife of a Sailor!



1.What is your must have gadget?
My camera. I don't know what I'd do without it.

2.How does your adulthood compare to what you imagined it would be like when you were a little kid?
I thought I'd have a husband who was a combo of Ken/Prince Charming (not to say he isn't) Ha ha! And I thought I'd be a trapeze girl in the circus.

3.What is your favorite chocolate recipe?
My Mom makes fantastic Caramel bars that have chocolate in them. I'd post the recipe,but I'm not sure I actually have it.

4.How do you deal with military life when it gets to be to much or to hard?
I call my best friend. Even though she's not military, she's so understanding and she gives me the best advice. Sometimes I drink copious amounts of wine too, that always helps.

5.What piece of advice would you give a new Military spouse facing their first deployment?
Don't fight about small things, be independent and make some goals for yourself. That always makes a deployment easier/better in my opinion!

7 comments:

Pamela said...

Great list! I can't imagine how I would manage without my camera.

kirstieJayy said...

thank you for your list, the last one about making goals during a deployment is really helping me :) as is reading blogs! i am new to yours, but i really like it. and your wedding pictures are stunning!!
Best Wishes from England,
kirstieJayy

Alana said...

Yours is the second fill-in that recommended wine as a coping mechanism. haha Love it!

And now I really want to see this recipe... :)

Anonymous said...

Being independent is probably the first and biggest requirement for being a military spouse. Well, that and the well-stocked wine cabinet ;)

Uncork and Unwined said...

Wine really does make life better! =)

I'll Love You Forever said...

I too, love my camera :) love your answer to number 5 as well!

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

Making goals and being independent are two great pieces of advice, and I'm all for loads of vino!!! :)