Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Carnevale

Yesterday I braved the crowds of Carnevale to capture some pictures of the event. A lot of people I know like to go to drink and to just enjoy the ambiance of Carnevale, I'm not really that person.

Although I love the costumes and overall vibe of Carnevale, I don't enjoy the massive crowds and flying elbows of Italians. So...I only went to Carnevale for photos and frittelle (small doughnuts w/ various flavors). I ended up taking about 200 pictures yesterday, but I'm including just a few of my favorites.













I ended the day with a delish sopressa, funghi and formaggio panino and 2 frittelle.

10 comments:

Jessica Lynn said...

SO much fun!!!

Kristen said...

I wish I would have made it to Carnevale in Venice while I was here. Fasching in Germany is the closest I have been! Your pictures look great!

Dana said...

love.
I'd love to see the full costume of Triton. . .how interesting.
D

Julie Danielle said...

Amazing shots! How fun!

Cat said...

Fantastic pictures! Definitely more elaborate than the Mardi Gras celebrations we have here on the Gulf Coast. Although I didn't have to worry about elbows - just huge beads smacking me in the face.

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

Wow, I've heard about that festival and always wanted to go! What colors!

The Side Gig said...

I love Venice and would have loved to see Carnevale, your pictures look amazing!

Shoshanah said...

I love the costumes! Especially the one, that I'm assuming is supposed to be Poseidon, or at least something similar.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh my gosh! How fun! I'd love to have been there!

LC said...

I am so jealous! Wow!!