Friday, March 18, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

Join in over at Wife of a Sailor!



1.What are some of your ideas for staying connected with family…you know, those people we moved thousands of miles away from?
I call my parents a couple times of week and Skype with them usually once a week. I stay in touch with friends via Facebook and e-mail and sometimes I like to send fun things in the mail like little cards or postcards.

2.What’s the most romantic gift you have GIVEN?
Hmm..I made a photo book of our first three years of marriage for Sean. In my mind, that's romantic.

3.Would you encourage your child, if they came to you and wanted to join the military?
I wouldn't discourage them, but I'd tell them they really needed to research their decision and also talk to people who'd been in the military to give them a better idea of what they might be getting into.

4.What is your least favorite bill to pay and why?
Rent, because I think our rent is ridiculous for the place we live. Just one of my pet peeves about living overseas.

5.What is the proudest moment you’ve had as a military spouse?
When Sean came home for R&R last year, he was stopped in the airport by a man who shook his hand, thanked him for what he was doing and gave him all the money he had in his pocket. I don't think I've ever been so proud of Sean as I was at that moment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

love your proudest moment!

After R and R for our first deployment we were at the airport saying goodbye and hubby went up to buy a pack of gum. The guy behind him stopped him and thanked him and bought the gum for him.

Anonymous said...

Wow that is so nice that a stranger did that for him. I'll never forget that when my husband was in the Safeway parking lot, he got called a "baby killer" and a "murderer" by a group of guys.

Our Jeremiah 29:11 Life said...

Stopping by from Friday Fill In! Great blog and cute photots. Also wanted to say how awesome your proudest moment was. :)

Michelle A'etonu said...

hear hear, for your proudest moment!