Monday, April 27, 2009

How Much Fat?

Ok, to answer your questions about where in the heck I found those Nascar shoes, here's your answer. Sears. I have bought shoes from Sears off and on the last few years and have always been satisfied. I'm kind of disappointed that they are selling these Nascar shoes though. What are they thinking?!

It's still raining today. I wish it would stop. Rainy days are good every once in awhile, but everyday? Not my cup of tea.

I know this is random, but has anyone ever had your muscle mass and body fat tested? I'm thinking of having it done at our wellness center on post. One of our volunteers did it and she was raving it about it. Just wanted to know your experiences with it.

I made pumpkin muffins with cream cheese frosting today for the USO. They were amazing! I only had one, as I'm trying to watch what I eat, but they went so fast. It cracks me up how quickly guys snap up homemade food at the USO. I understand though, because who wants to eat at the chowhall everyday? Although I will admit that I could eat breakfast at the chowhall everyday. I freakin' love their breakfasts. If you've never had the chowhall breakfast experience I encourage you to go.

I have a fashion dilemma. I found these shoes the other day and I can't remember where I found them. I'm almost positive I found them on 6pm.com, but I searched and searched yesterday on the site and couldn't find them. Perhaps they are sold out? At any rate if you see these shoes, email me and tell me where they are at.



One more thing, you know how much I love Jen Lancaster right? Well her new book is coming out in May and I've already pre-ordered it on Amazon.



I admit that I thought Bitter Is the New Black was the funniest book and the two following it were good, but not as funny as Bitter, but I'm hoping Pretty in Plaid will redeem itself and make me laugh as hard as I did reading Bitter is the New Black. Don't let me down Jen Lancaster!

22 comments:

hmb said...

Josh loves biscuits and gravy at the chowhall. He is quick to eat at the Burger King for all other meals, though...

Jessica Lynn said...

Oh how I love Jen Lancaster. Do you follow her blog? I can't wait for her new book!

Once I finish this marathon I'm opting for a personal trainer at my gym and one of the first things they do is measure your fat and all that ugly stuff. Can't wait. (note the sarcasm!)

Sassy Engineer said...

love the red heels and the book recommendations!

Anonymous said...

Hey the body fat test is good but most are not accurate unless you do the under water ones, which are very very $$$$!

Basically if you get the ones the gym offers you, as a women, they count your boobs. Which to most is not a big deal, but I have DD so it knocks my body fat way up.

http://www.getdunked.com/home/default.asp

That's the link to the under water testing! :) But they are good to get, just know that most can be off by 10-15%, which is a lot! The good news, if your like me, you can always tell yourself your 10% less!

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

A. Perhaps it would be best not to get body fat tested after eating a muffin with cream cheese icing :)

B. I agree that Bitter is the new Black was the best in the bunch. Such a Pretty Fat being second. I'm not getting my hopes up for this one.

C. How does that work, buying Sears from shoes?

:)

The Pink Chick said...

I have never read a Jen Lancaster book! I am definitely going to check her out. By the way, I adore those shoes! They are so sassy!

Anonymous said...

So I must say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jen Lancaster's books. I did laugh the hardest at Bitter, but I actually read them out of order, and I loved all three. I can't wait to read the next one.

Anonymous said...

cute shoes...I hope you are able to find them again!!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Those shoes look alot like the Jessica Simpson line. I could be wrong though.

Mrs. Not-so-Domesticated said...

Interesting, I didn't know Nascar had a fashion line. I'll have to check out those books, I'm looking for something new to read and I haven't found anything that I like yet.

Full of Heart said...

I've never had a chowhall breakfast, but if it's anything like hospital breakfasts I bet it's pretty dang good! It's such a gross idea, but man, they usually have the BEST french toast!

I've always wanted to get my body fat tested out of curiousity, but never have.

Anonymous said...

oohhhh i loooove those shoes!

Caitlin said...

You know what's a great shoe/purse store online--http://www.endless.com. Free overnight shipping!

Christy said...

I LOVE Bitter is the new Black!! I still haven't read her others...as soon as this semester is over.

Love those shoes!!!

Shoshanah said...

I know back in middle and high school we used to have our body fat taken in order to pass a fitness test, but I've never had anything besides that.

I've never read any of Jen Lancaster's stuff. I might have to start though!

Sarah said...

You know what? Weirdly enough, the chow hall on base here won't let me eat there. Like I mean, not just me because I'm not mil. or mil. spouse (yet!) but NO ONE other than mil. can eat there. Is that normal? I've never had that happen before...(and I've eaten at my share of chow halls thank you. =])

Lisa said...

I've done some of the body fat testing, back when I was a rower in college (random, that's the second time I've referred to that today!). It's pretty cool, although I'd like to do it again now that I'm on average 15 lbs lighter than I used to be!

Those heels are HOT! If you figure it out, share! I love shoes, especially red ones!

lola said...

oh.my.god. I LOVED bitter is the new black!! :D

Also, those shoes are super cute annnd -- your segue from fat/muscle measurement to cupcakes CRACKED ME UP.

Jon and Steph said...

Love the shoes! Hope you find them again ;)

Sadly I have not read Bitter is the New Black, but from all of the raves I might have to check it out!

Sara said...

I've had my body fat tested and I'm not sure raving about it is what I did. I mean, it is what it is as long as they test it right. It could also be quite hard on the ego. I've thought about having it done again but have decided against it. I remember being super skinny and the calipers reading me at 25% body fat.

Random Musings said...

OMG I thought I was her only fan!! I am currently reading the 3rd one its its not holding my interest as Bitter is the new black did....

SS said...

Who can resist something with that title... Bitter is the New Black. I'm going to add it to my summer read list. Always looking for something new to read.