Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wardrobe Wednesday

I want to say a big thank you to everyone who weighed in yesterday on what my costume should be. I'm still trying to convince Sean that we should go to the costume contest and he doesn't even have to dress up! It's not looking good right now though, he says he's not missing the Texas vs. Texas Tech game that night. I'd say the money takes precedence over the game don't you? Oh and by the way, I found out yesterday the exact wording used on the contest was, "Win your share of $2,000". So...all that $2,000 wouldn't be going to me. Crap.

It is pretty flippin cold here today. It's still cold in the office. I'm actually still wearing my coat. Perhaps I wished for colder weather too soon?

I'm so ready to start listening to Christmas music! I seriously am having to keep myself from doing it though. I've vowed not to start listening until it's really close to Thanksgiving, that way I don't burn myself out on it too quickly. I'm sad though that I don't get to put up my tree or all my decorations this year. Since we are moving from Louisiana back to Oklahoma in mid-December, it really wouldn't make a lot of sense to put up decorations just to take them down a couple of weeks later. So...I'll just have to enjoy my parent's decorations this year. I can live with that.

Does anyone else watch CNN news in the morning? I know I've talked about watching Robin Meade in the mornings, but they play the same commercials over and over and I've got two in particular running through my mind.

1. Jitterbug! Anyone else see these? They are the cell phones for people who need a larger screen and a louder ringer. I cannot get their little jingle out of my head.

2. Nancy Grace. If I have to hear "Nancy Grace states her case" one more time I'm going to scream. I am NOT a fan of Nancy Grace.

As I usually do at least once a week I wanted to show some things I'm thinking about buying. All from Forever 21 of course. You know, they really should start paying me for all the advertising I do for them!



Love this! It's so wintry!



I'm not sure how I'd look in horizontal stripes, but it sure is cute!



I really, really want this dress.



This just screams to me, "Wear me to work!"

One last thing to mention. I'm looking for a good, basic, reasonably priced laptop. I want a MacBook, but I'm going to wait on that. I just want a laptop for us right now and then eventually Sean will be taking it on a deployment with him. Any suggestions? I'll basically be using it for pictures and browsing on the Internet.

Have a fab Wednesday!

22 comments:

Honey said...

ah, commercials. soak them up. all you get overseas are public service announcements. and they stink.

Lindsey said...

Ooo love those shirts!

As for laptops, I have a DELL and I love it!

Mojito Maven said...

LOVE the shirts you posted. For some reason i never have any luck when I shop at Forever 21...hmmm

As for laptops, I have a Toshiba but I also really want a mac...maybe someday!

Lindsay Gray said...

I got an inexpensive Toshiba just for browsing the internet and to take on vacations.

Double Bonus: It has a built in camera so if *R* ever takes it on TDY's or deployments we can still see each other!

Stephanie said...

I love that last top! So cuuute!

Allison said...

I LOOOVE that first top! So sparkly and festive. I think I need one...

Tania said...

I am currently obsessed with Forever 21! They just expanded the one I go to here and it is enormous! I spent 2 hours there last Sunday. And I've also started a wishlist online. It makes me nervous ordering clothes online, in case the size is wrong, but I need to look up if you can return it at the stores.

As for laptops, I just got a MacBook for pretty cheap. The thing is, you need to get them refurbished to get a reasonable price. My husband actually ordered me the one I have now and I haven't had any problems with it so far, and I've had it for a few months now.

Ashley said...

Love to tops! Laptop, I am on my 2nd HP and I love it!!! And as far as Christmas stuff goes - we are Christmas FREAKS here at the office. We've already started hanging up those sample Christmas cards they send and playing Christmas music when we get bored... It's a blast!!!

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Cute finds :) I have a toshiba but some day want to get a mac too :)

Sondre Lyn said...

The commercial thing cracks me up! That Jitterbug commercial is like a virus... just reading your mention of it, now I have it stuck in my head! Funny! I'm not a fan of Nancy Grace either, although when she socks it to someone who deserves it, I am glad.

The tops are too cute! I have a Dell laptop. I really like it, but can't remember how much it cost. I know you can call them and tell them what you want, and they can build it for you.

Unknown said...

That last top is SO cute!

I have a Dell and I love it.

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

love the fashions that you posted...especially the 1st & 4th! :-)

Anonymous said...

My husband got me an Acer Aspire laptop from AAFES for Christmas last year. Not only was the price great, but the laptop is fabulous, after installing an extra gigabyte of RAM.

And, it has a built in webcam which I'm sure will be a plus for deployments.

Megan Kelley Hall said...

Thanks for entering the Mabel's House contest to win my debut suspense novel, SISTERS OF MISERY! Even if you don't win, I hope you get a chance to read and enjoy it!

xoxo
Megan Kelley Hall

P.S. Great shirts!

Sara said...

I love the tunic. I bought 2 similar shirts last season from NY&Co and I never regretted the purchase! You can dress them up or down or even wear them to work.

Someone mentioned the webcam and I agree. Most of them come with webcams anyhow, but you need it. Also, with all the picture taking you're doing you should consider the n-generation graphics card and as much hard drive space as you can afford. Another thing you won't regret. My computer is a gaming computer actually that I bought at best buy on sale for $750. After the microsoft office stuff it was about a $950 computer. For laptops, that ain't bad. You can buy 6 month old for much cheaper though if you do your research.

Glad you guys have seen the park! I think it would be a fun lunching place and maybe drinks at the hilton because the view is so awesome.

Unknown said...

loveLOVE the last one!!!!!

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH! My husband and I LOVE watching Robin in the mornings...she helps us get ready. Plus, hubby is in love with her and subscribes to her emails (absurd). I hate the days when she has a sub! But yeah...Nancy & Jitterbug about every 2 seconds.

Rebecca said...

I couldn't resist waiting to listen to Christmas music. I made some Christmas cards yesterday, and I just had to turn on the Christmas music.
I think you should get a Dell. I have one, and it wasn't very expensive.

Hollie said...

i love forever 21! great picks!

Anonymous said...

We purchased two laptops last year. I got a gateway ( horrid piece of crap) and my husband got a Sony Vaio. His laptop has been awesome, he's currently on a deployment and the built in webcam has been a lifesaver.

Anonymous said...

Love that last shirt! and I say go for the Mac, you'll love it! Wait til Xmas, they say that's the best time to buy a computer, have a great weekend!