Sometimes I feel like a 40-year-old stuck in a 25-year-old body.
Let me give you some examples.
1. I used to be able to stay up until the wee hours of the morning. Going to bed at midnight was going to bed early for me. Now I can barely keep my eyes open until midnight!
2. When I was younger I HATED talk radio. I'd ride around with my grandpa and he'd be listening to it and I couldn't stand it. Now I find myself tuning into NPR news quite frequently.
3. I really don't enjoy going out that much. Don't get me wrong, I like to enjoy time with friends or Sean. But just to go out to go out? Nah. I'd rather stay in, watch some movies and cuddle.
4. If you could hear my Internet radio you'd realize I listen almost exclusively to music from the 60's and 70's.
5. Saturday Night Fever is my favorite movie and favorite soundtrack and has been since around the age of 12. I've watched it countless times and know every beat and word of the soundtrack. I watched it last Saturday night and realized I'm probably the only 25 year old who loves this movie so much!
I'm getting my hair done today. I think I found exactly what I want it to look like.
No, I don't expect to miraculously look like Gisele when my stylist is finished either. One can dream though?
I just hope it turns out well! If it does, I'll try to post pictures sometime in the next few days.
When I mentioned to Sean yesterday that I'd found some cute winter clothes on Forever21 yesterday he had the audacity to laugh at me and say, "well I guess you should have been buying winter clothes instead of those dresses you bought a few months ago."
Men! They don't understand clothes. Well, at least mine doesn't. I had to explain to him that I did need those dresses and now I need winter clothes. I honestly don't have that many. Especially shirts. I'm good on coats. I actually have so many coats/jackets that I need to get rid of a few. I have a few sorority hoodies that I'm keeping for no reason other than the fact they are somewhat sentimental. I never wear them and one of them is WAY too big on me. It's things like extra coats that I need to get rid of rather than trying to cram all of them into our apartment in Italy.
That's one of the main things I'm worried about when we move. We, err...I have lots of stuff. Not so much furniture, although we have a decent amount of that, but rather just stuff. Like clothes, decorations, books, etc. I don't really want to put it in storage and be without it for three years while we are overseas, but I also don't want to try to cram it all into a one bedroom apartment, which is what it shows on our orders. Trying to wrap my mind around stuffing all of our stuff in a one bedroom apartment is kind of mind boggling. Much like Scarlett O'Hara I've vowed to think about it another day. Those that are overseas already, do you have an advice regarding that?
Speaking of moving, Sean has a meeting with Transportation on Monday to get things scheduled, such as when they will be coming to pack our things, etc. I'm excited as that means not too much longer and we will be moving! Although I do have to say I'm going to miss Louisiana. I've had a good experience living here. However, I will not miss the humidity one bit!
Have a wonderful Thursday everyone!