Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Wednesday Stroll

No Worldess Wednesday for me, I'm ready for the return of WWWAT though, so I'm eagerly awaiting next week when that begins again.

I was on my way to the post office awhile ago, which is one of my favorite tasks here at the office. Probably because it is such a nice, picturesque walk and I enjoy the scenery. It's nicer when the heat and humidity don't knock you down as soon as you walk outside, but that's beside the point. As I'm walking a guy comes up behind me running, as in exercising running. Um...it's the afternoon in western Louisiana. The sun is beating down and it feels like I'm walking in a wet, hot blanket yet this man is running? I don't know how people do that in this heat. I'd keel over in the first couple of blocks!

I got to enjoy a nice lunch of Mexican food with my handsome husband today and that really upped the great factor to my day. Not much is better than a plate-full of enchiladas and sitting across from Sean! Two of my big loves in life!

Boomer is being an attention-hog right now. He's started whining which I hate. He whines mostly when he wants to share our people-food which is a big no and also whines when he wants us to throw his toys. He also doesn't like it if Sean is rubbing my back or we kiss each other. Sometimes just to annoy Boomer we will kiss each other a bunch and he gets right up between our faces and has to start licking us. It's really funny to watch. Although it can be annoying at times.

I have to get back in the swing of my good fitness routine. I've really been slacking this past week and a holiday weekend certaintly didn't help with that. I've neglected my body for long enough and if I'm going to continue shedding the pounds I need to step away from the Mexican food and back onto the treadmill! I have started writing down what I eat though so hopefully that will keep me on track as well.

I've really been missing my friends from back home lately. I had a great talk though with one of my best friends yesterday and I felt so much better. She talked about how she'd been canning and was going to send me some fresh fruit jelly she had canned as well as some spicy spaghetti sauce. The thought of some fresh jelly on a hot buttery roll sounded too good to me. This girl is a wonder at all things crafty. She cans, she sews, she quilts, she cooks amazingly too and she is one of the sweetest, most giving, prettiest girls inside and out that I know. I asked her if there was anyway she could just live with me from now on and move post to post with us so I'd always have a friend. I wish that could happen, making friends around here has been really difficult for me. I'm not sure why that is true here, since it's never been an issue before. I guess sometimes I feel like there isn't anyone around here that is similar to me and that can feel lonely at times.

3 comments:

Lindsay Gray said...

I feel your pain sister!

I've only been here for a few weeks, but the fact that almost all of *R*'s friends are single or their girlfriends live far, far away, doesn't help me to meet a lot of people. My office is great, but no one even close to my age range. I'm talking within a decade!

Im going to get involved in some kind of volunteer work once I get settled in, but right now I'm enjoying living in the same city as *R* too much to spend a lot of time away from him.

Give it time, I'm sure things will turn around! Right?

tootie said...

I can relate to your lunch with your hubby. I love whenever I get to eat lunch with mine - and all the better if it's yummy mexican food! :)

Megan said...

i know what it is to be lonely! and good chats with friends make you happy, and so sad they aren't there, all at once!

Megan