Friday, July 18, 2008

Home Alone

Ok..not exactly home alone, but I am the only one in the office until 3:30. I considered slapping the sides of my face and screaming a la Mcauley Culkin in Home Alone, but I thought better of it.

I do have a lot to get done today so it's not like I can just prop my feet up and surf the Internet all day, but I thought stopping for a brief blog wouldn't be that detrimental.

Can I share how excited I am that it's Friday? Sean has a four day weekend and I don't think we have any big plans, but it will be nice to just relax and enjoy being off work.

I made my green enchiladas last night. Not to brag, but they were fantastic. I consider green enchiladas to be one of my signature dishes. I'm not sure if I've shared the recipe for them before, but here it is.


Green Enchiladas


1 lb ground hamburger meat
1 small chopped onion
1/4 cup Velveeta
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 or 2 cans of chopped green chilies
2 cups milk
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup butter
Corn tortillas

Brown meat and onions in skillet. Drain. Add cheese to hamburger mixture, stir in. In pan, melt butter, stir in flour until smooth. Add milk stirring constantly. Add green chilis and Velveeta until smooth.

I prepare the enchiladas a little differently than I used to. I used to roll each one indvidually by briefly warming the tortilla in vegetable oil and patting dry. Now I just layer six tortillas in a 13x9 pan, spread the meat mixture over that, layer 6 more tortillas on top of that and then pour the cheese mixture over it. I also add a healthy sprinkling of red pepper to the sauce as well as the meat while I am cooking them and add salsa on top of the cheese mixture in the pan.

Bake for 22-25 minutes at 350 degrees.

Before I indulged in my delicious enchiladas last night though I did start my first workout with Turbo Jam. I can say that I am defiently aware of muscles in my abs that I was not aware of before. I am intending on starting Crossfit, as it has been explained to me very well by When In Rome, but I wanted to find a trainer to kind of get me started with it. It appears though the only one trained in it on-post is very pregnant and won't be back for awhile. So, I might try it on my own..slowly of course. I'm not planning on taking on anything big.

So, a question for all you crafty types out there that can sew. I have a ton of old t-shirts from college, high school, vacations and my sorority days that I really don't want to throw away, but I want to make them into some sort of quilt. Well, let me rephrase that. I want to find someone who will make them into a quilt for me. Has anyone ever seen one of these quilts? I've found a few websites of people that do them. However, does anyone know anybody who does them? I would love to have a quilt that reminded me of some good memories in my life, plus I just think it would look neat. If anyone has any leads on that let me know. At times like this I really wish I could sew.

Well, I suppose I better get back to work. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

Lindsay Gray said...

Oh my gosh! I JUST made one of those with my cousin in Dallas. She is a fabulous quilter! I'll see if I can find the picture of mine and I'll post it up on the blog.

I'm not sure who I know that would make one for you, but I can ask my cousin if she knows of anyone.

Great minds think alike!!!

Lindsay Gray said...

Posted!

If you have any questions or anything, let me know and if I can't help, I can always find out from my cousin.