Wednesday, May 7, 2008

In search of shoes

Meet the naughtiest little dog I know.



Yes, it's the infamous Boomer. I think he might have a career in dog modeling....maybe.

Just kidding!

I went to Payless on a quest for shoes today. On their website they have so many cute shoes. However, I was very disappointed when I got to Payless and saw none of the cute shoes that I had seen on the website. I mean, don't get me wrong, there were cute shoes in the store, but the actually fit oddly on my foot. Usually I wear a 7.5 or 8 in most brands, but those sizes were sliding off the back of my heel and I couldn't find any of the same styles that I liked in the size 7's. So, I had to leave the store empty-handed. Not something I was planning on doing. I'd try to order them online, but I really don't like ordering clothes or shoes online. Everything just fits so differently and I'd hate to end up with a pair of shoes that's too big or too small. I guess I will have to wait until I go to Lake Charles and try that Payless.

Tomorrow is my first day of work and as usual I have the night before jitters. I know it's going to be a good place to work, the people are friendly and it's a small office, but I always get this way before a new job. I used to be this way the night before school started too. I hate being nervous, but I guess its just human nature.

I have a big task ahead of me tonight. I have all my wedding photos uploaded to Walgreens, but now I must pick out the ones I wanted printed off that the photographer didn't print for us and also print off pictures for my family members, my bridesmaids, Sean's grandmother and mother and also decide what picture to use for the picture that will go in our hometown newspaper. Don't get me wrong, I love pictures and choosing them, but...it just seems a little overwhelming right now. At least I don't have to cook supper! I kind of cheated on that one and picked up a Banquet crock-pot meal. That way since I don't know what time Sean will be home I can just leave it in the Crock-Pot and it will be nice and warm for him.

Ingenious you say? I thought so too. Although I'm sure those perfect 50's housewives would be less than pleased.

3 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Heh, at least you made something the day of! I've been known to cook a LOT on the weekends and then utilize my lovely new Snapware (fancy tupperware) and create extra meals for the week when I know my husband will get home before I do. Not having the same schedule sucks sometimes. I guess at least I make him dinner...?

Ahhhh yay wedding photos. Can you believe it's already been over 4 months for both of us!?!

Caitlin said...

I love those vintage pictures of
50s wives...except they really weren't as "perfect" as they seemed :) So don't worry, I'm sure you're doing wonderfully! And your doggy is very cute, what breed is he?

Jenny said...

I hope that you had a great 1st day at work!!!