Friday, May 23, 2008

4:00...hurry up!

We leave at 4:00 on Fridays here at the office and it's all I can do not to get up and run out of here now. We have had no work to do in the last four hours and so I've been surfing various websites since then. (BTW...office policy says that's ok, don't think I'm a slacker)

I just want to start my weekend already! Hurry up 4:00!

I would really like to stop by the jewelry store and get a new nose ring, but I don't really want to go out of my way to do that, so I might just wait until later this weekend. Besides I'm starving and piece of bread with pesto on it sounds amazingly good right now.

Ok, so this is totally off-topic but I've noticed something down here in Louisiana that I've never seen before. Since I work down by the courthouse/sheriff's office I see inmates everyday, they are always outside doing some kind of labor. Sure I've seen inmates picking up trash by the roads before, but never outside everyday doing some kind of work. I guess that's more of a Deep South thing a la Cool Hand Luke? That's the movie where Paul Newman is on a Chain Gang right? Correct me if I'm wrong.



I've been texting Sean on and off throughout the day and apparently he is cooking dinner, which isn't rare for him and also swears he's going to clean the house sometime this weekend. I'd actually rather do it myself when I get home today, but he insisted to let him do it. Guess we shall see how that goes. I need to clean out our car too. It's littered with military equipment, wrappers and various other things that need to be sorted through and cleaned out. Vaccumed too, since I don't like seeing a collection of Boomer hair on my seats.

I hope the weather stays good this weekend, we've been having a lot of storms off and on the last few weeks. Almost makes me think I've never left Oklahoma. Now that's unpredictable weather! If you've never lived in Oklahoma you just have no idea. Even Will Rogers has a famous quote about Oklahoma weather, "If you don't like the weather, just wait awhile and it will change."

This really isn't a quality post from me, but my mind is racing and so I'm going to end it here.

1 comment:

d.a.r. said...

We have that same saying about Kansas weather!!! Oh the crazy midwest. I'm sick of these early summer storms!