Saturday, December 18, 2010

Favorite Christmas Movies

I have to admit that when the holidays roll around, one of my favorite parts of it is the movies.

Today I'm featuring my Top 5 Christmas movies.

5. Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. I'm a sucker for the claymation version of this. I try to watch it every single year.



4. It's a Wonderful Life. I watched this today and cried. Enough said.



3. White Christmas. Love, love, love it! Love the songs, love the acting!



2. Home Alone. I remember seeing it in the theater and I've loved it ever since.



1. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I watch it every single Christmas Eve with my family and this year I'm watching it with Sean. My Dad and I love to quote lines with it and I own a t-shirt with the "Old Family Truckster" on it. Best Christmas movie ever!



What are your faves?

11 comments:

Julie Danielle said...

It'a a Wonderful Life, White Christmas and a Christmas Story :)

Anonymous said...

A Christmas Carol!

Doris said...

ahhh I love all your choices but My most favorite is a toss up between White Christmas and Home Alone...hmh..the kid/nostalgia from my kiddie days make me want to watch Home Alone..but I absolutley love musical and classics in one..I can't choose!

lol

Mom in High Heels said...

You MUST watch Holiday Inn!!!! White Christmas is Holiday Inn's bastard cousin. It's so much better! It's also the movie the song White Christmas was actually written for (and still sung by Bing). Best. Holiday. Movie. Ever. We watch it every Christmas Eve after Indy goes to bed.
Another favorite of mine is Nestor the Long Eared Donkey. OMG! I still cry watching this. It's claymation and older than me, but I love it. It's the story of the donkey who carried Mary to Bethlehem.
Oh, oh! And Going My Way! It's not strictly as Christmas movie (though the end of it takes place at Christmas). It has Bing in it (he won an Oscar for this movie) and if you don't cry at the end of it, you're just dead inside. :) We watched it last week and James Bond and I were both weepy, though we've seen it a hundred times!

Amanda said...

My favorite xmas movie is Elf. I watch it about 15 times between Thanksgiving, and xmas every year!

Katherine said...

I love the classics especially Miracle on 34th street.Enjoy your holiday!

Penny said...

Yay! I love watching Home Alone and It's A Wonderful Life!

I always watch Just Friends and Love Actually at Christmas as well!

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

Rudolph and all of the other claymation cartoons are awesome! I also love the Nightmare Before Christmas and Polar Express.

Full of Heart said...

White Christmas is a big fave of mine too. I have it already recorded on my DVR to force my family to watch with me this weekend!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love White Christmas, National Lampoons and All I want for Christmas

Tori Bella said...

Did I tell you that I watched National Lampoon JUST because you recommended it (and we owned a copy because Chad's random like that) and I didn't like it? :( BUT I love, love, love Home Alone.