Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Always An Adventure

Time for another post about Boomer aka The Naughtiest Min-Pin EVER!



For those of you on my FB, you've already heard this story, so please excuse me retelling it on here.

So, after weighing Boomer the other day and finding out he gained about 3 lbs in the last year, Sean and I decided to put Boomer on a diet. We've been bad about letting him eat people food, so we decided to stop feeding him things he didn't need.

Needless to say, he hasn't been taking this well. In fact, I think it's made him a little crazy.

Yesterday I took Sean to post to drop him off to catch the bus to Germany. When I left, Boomer was still in bed. There was at tied off trash can in our kitchen that I was going to dispose of later in the day, but I thought it was safe since Boomer was still asleep. Lo and behold I come home to find an empty tuna can and a pork chop bone in my bed. Of course the pork chop had to have some kind of sauce on it, which resulted in me changing the sheets and blanket on the bed.

I thought the naughty actions were done for the day, but I should have known better. I went to dinner with a friend and when I returned I found wrapping paper and a half eaten bag of treats on my bed. Boomer had rummaged around under the tree, found a gift of his, unwrapped it and then ate half the treats. By that time, I was pretty much done with the naughty behavior and took him to bed.

I have to say, at least he keeps things interesting!

11 comments:

Charity said...

silly puppy!

Expat Girl said...

Haha ok thats kinda cute though that he found treats under the tree!

Uncork and Unwined said...

Aww! He really is retaliating isnt he? Reese (our minpin) would do something like that too.

Michelle said...

Oh no! We always put the dogs' gifts really high up in the tree. My parents' dog has a habit of 'helping' us unwrap our gifts early. My mom always switches out the boxes so we never really are suer what Halen just unwrapped. I got ice skates in a sump pump box one year.

Megan said...

Hahaha that is something my min pin would do too. The garbage bag thing she has actually done a few times.

Unknown said...

Hahaha oh Boomer! He sure showed you guys! haha

Chelle said...

LOL We go through that with Reba our new "puppy". NOTHING is safe from her.

Field of Dreams said...

That sounds like my dog lol!!!

Anonymous said...

That is one smart dog.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Haha, he totally knows his extra food is now cut off!

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

That picture of Boomer is uber cute! Dogs are such characters...sometimes they are just too darn smart!