Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Aftermath

I had a wonderful Christmas this year, despite not being able to spend it at home with my family.

Both Sean and my family spoiled me with presents. My friends did as well.

I got the Beatles anthology, Vera Wang perfume and a terabyte external hard drive from Sean.



My parents got me some movies, some books, an Epson printer/scanner/copier that's wireless, 18pc Wolfgang Puck Cookware Set and a ton of other great stuff. Probably one of the most memorable gifts was from my Dad. He sent Sean and I a homemade "Jelly of the Month Club" box straight out of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Each jar of jelly had a printed label with a quote from the movie. It was hilarious!



I also got some awesome Philosophy Cinnamon body wash and a FiestaWare pitcher and spoon rest from my friends.

I got to Skype with my parents and brother during the afternoon and we opened presents and also with one set of my grandparents. It wasn't the same as being at home, but I have to hand it to technology. I'm not sure that ten years ago this would have all been possible.

My Mom sent me a picture that my family took together on Christmas Eve to let Sean and I know how much we were missed at home this year. I admit that I cried when I saw it.



How was your Christmas? What was your favorite gift that you got?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our Christmas was awesome. My brother and his wife are both Army and were deployed last Christmas so having them here with us this year just made it that much better. I have two gifts that are tied for favorite; A new 35 mm lens and a canon pixma printer!

I'm glad you had a nice Christmas despite being so far from family!

Amanda said...

Awww that picture made me tear up a little! Glad you had a good Christmas despite being far away from your family.

JG said...

Oh my goodness! That's the sweetest picture! Even I teared up a little!

Nice Christmas haul! I love the homemade personalized gifts. :) They are always so special.

Mrs. F said...

That photo is amazing! What a great Christmas present from your family.

d.a.r. said...

I am dying laughing at the Jelly of the Month club!! That is priceless.

And your family is so completely sweet to do that for you. I cried a little when I saw it on FB!

Megan said...

Wireless printer=best invention ever!

Unknown said...

Awesome gifts!!!

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

Oh my goodness!! Your family is super awesome!! Your dad's "Jelly of the Month" gift is hilarious, too. My madre bought me a Philosophy gift set as well; smells divine!! My Hello Kitty lights were my fave gift this year, mostly because they were a surprise :)

Doris said...

omg that picture is so touching! What lovely family you have. And LOL Jelly of the month club..I would love that hehe.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw, that's so great of your family!! Glad you were able to skype!

Anonymous said...

That photo must have been a wonderful gift! It sounds like you had a very successful Christmas.

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

I agree with you about the technology angle - it's so great to Skype with friends across the world!

But that picture with your family is the sweetest present ever. They must really love you kids!