Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Killing Spiders

So...right as I sit down to write this blog at my computer desk something catches my eye. I look in the corner and there is a large, nasty spider just hanging out. He totally gave me the heebie-jeebies so I made my way to the kitchen, grabbed some bug spray and spritzed the life right out of him. Then for good measure I smashed him with Sean’s flip-flop. Unfortunately I still feel like things are crawling on me and I can’t stand that! Ew....ew! (Ok..that was totally girlie sounding, but I hate spiders!)

Today was a decent day. For one, I went and worked out which always makes me feel better. I did weights for about an hour. Oh...and to update everyone I’m down 9lbs so far on my new "healthy life plan". I have to admit I don’t always stick to the letter to eating healthy foods. I had a personal pan supreme pizza from Pizza Hut last weekend which was heavenly and I had an amazing baked potato tonight. I’m not going to completley give up everything I love to eat. I’m too much of a foodie for that. I’m already plotting my culinary adventures when I’m in Europe. I mentioned to Sean the other day we could visit Parma and acquire some very fresh parmesean cheese. None of this shaken from the Kraft can crap that I currently use. Somehow I don’t think he was quite as excited about it as I was.

I’ve been requesting brouches from surrounding countries of Italy. I’ve already gotten an Austria, France and Switzerland brouchure. The Swiss brouchure is the best. Those Swiss don’t scrimp on their tourist material! It’s actually almost like a book with tons of beautiful photos of Switzerland. I’m already picking out places I want to go. I’m scheduled to be there for 3 years so I’m sure I’ll be able to get alot in. I say I’m scheduled to be there instead of we since a good chunk of the time we’ll be there Sean will most likely be in Afghanistan. I’m definitely getting the better end of that deal.

Boomer and I made our first visit to the vet today. I thought he did rather well. He didn’t bite anyone and he didn’t pee in the floor so I’ll give him some kudos for that and say it was an excellent visit. When they called us back for the appointment they announced "Boomer Payne". I wasn’t aware dogs were being called by their last names these days? It was pretty amusing though. The clinic here on-post is a lot cheaper in my opinion. The medicine I got him today was about $60 bucks, but it’ll last for about 6 months and I got him both tick and flea and heartworm medicine. The actual visit only cost $2. I can’t imagine I’d be able to pay $62 bucks for a vet visit in the civilian world. Sometimes the perks of the Army make this life worth it.

Sean and I watched Walk the Line tonight. I’ve seen most of the movie about 3 times, but the last 30 minutes of it I always miss. I finally got to see all of it tonight. It made me tear up a bit, I’m not going to lie. I’m thinking about purchasing it the next time that I go to FYE, I should be able to find it used, which should be pretty cheap. I’m all about FYE these days. I got some good deals when I went there last weekend. I got Season 3 of Will and Grace for $15, the 1st and 2nd season of Seinfeld for $20 and a couple of Disney movies for $30 total.

Sean and I are thinking of going to New Orleans Jazz Fest coming up here in a couple of weeks. I’d love to go to it. I’m not sure when I’d get the chance to go to it again and the experience would be awesome. I really hope that we get to go. It’s over 2 weekends and there’s so many people playing. Lots of regional and local favorites and some bigger name people too. Al Green, Santana, Jimmy Buffett, Tim McGraw, Keisha Cole, Stevie Wonder, Bonnie Raitt and Billy Joel.

Well, I’m actually very tired so I’m outta here. Hopefully I’ll have something worthwhile to blog about tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I had no idea that you had a blog. I will definately be checking in on you and Sean! :)
I am so jealous that you might see Tim McGraw. I love him!