Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I think I might be going "home" this weekend. Technically I know home is wherever the Army sends us, but I will never stop thinking of Oklahoma as my home. I lived there for 24 years, so it's kind of hard to think of it as anything less than that.

Sean has a four day weekend, but since he is currently on standby status, it's not really a good idea for him to be 10 hours away in Oklahoma, so he's staying here. I never look forward to the long drive, but audio books make the drive seem so much shorter! I learned that on my last drive down here and I swear I'll never take a long trip without them again!

I'm excited to see my friends and family back home. I'm trying to see them as much as possible and as much as our pocketbook can afford before we PCS to Italy next January. I plan on seeing all my grandparents and of course my immediate family as well as some close friends. I also think I'll be eating at my favorite sushi place. Oh how I have missed the sushi at In the Raw! What a treat it will be. :)



Today was my first Army Family Team Building class. I have to say for the most part I really enjoyed it. I learned some things that I didn't already know and met some new people as well. I really enjoyed learning about the various volunteer opportunites that are available. Some of them sound like something I'd like to involve myself with.

Sean cooked hamburgers tonight and they were just delicious. Man, he can cook! He just goes by instinct and he always seems to know what works and what doesn't. He put Swiss cheese, onions and mushrooms on my burger. Sans bun of course, since I'm limiting my bread intake.

My little dog Boomer is something else. I think he was mad at us today because he was crated for quite awhile since I was taking classes and Sean was too. I would put him in the yard, but he's such a little escape artist and always manages to get outside the fence. So until we get some of large cage for the backyard he has to be crated inside. He's such a smart, little puppy! Sometimes he really aggravates me and I have to admit my desire to have children soon has gone down a bit since getting a dog. Being responsible for him right now is enough for me!



Well, tomorrow is going to be a bit busy for me, I have a couple of hours of class, then my yearly exam (oh joy!) and a job interview. Should be an interesting day!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

YAY! I am glad that you might get to go home!!!
Good luck on the interview!