Sorry to report that I still have yet to upload the few pictures that I've taken while we are here, but I'm hoping soon to get out into the town. I have to admit I'm a little nervous on venturing out into Vicenza just yet, since I'm still not orientated yet to it and I'm sans car, but I do promise that I'll get some pictures up soon. I've taken a few pics of the views from our current place of residence so I'll try to put those up next time I'm blogging.
Thankfully, we are able to stay in the room that the Ederle Inn gave us the first night we were here. At the time they said it would only be a one night thing, but since then they've informed us we are cleared to stay there at least until the first week of February. Since we have a pet, we are unable to stay in the main hotel and so they put us in the "Annex". It's a four story cluster of three buildings and our room is awesome. Actually, it's more like seven rooms, as we have three bedrooms and two bathrooms, a kitchen and a large living room. I know it's never going to happen, but I wish the apartment we moved into here would look like that!
Ok..now onto my insights of Italy.
1. Jet lag sucks. I laid in bed for 3.5 hours last night trying to go to sleep. Yeah...it didn't work. Something has to be done about that.
2. The views of the mountains here are incredible. I hope wherever we live around here has a decent view of the mountains. I'd take a view of mountains over the beach anyday.
3. Carbonated water isn't tasty. I grabbed some by mistake the other day and was sorely disappointed when I realized what I'd done.
4. The PX here actually has *gasp* cute clothes! As in, I'd actually purchase and wear some of them. At the Ft.Polk PX that was unheard of. The only clothing items I bought there were workout shorts. Also, might I add they have cute lingerie and bras. Score!
5. I had the most delicious parmesean cheese the other day from the deli. Sean and I agreed it's the best cheese we've already had. If that's any sort of preview of the cheese I can find here, then I'm in for a real treat.
6. Food at the commissary is suprisingly cheaper then I thought it would be. I was expecting a huge jump in prices.
7. I'm totally lost with the Italian language. Obviously that needs to be remedied and quickly.
8. The Autostrada scares the crap out of me. People going 90 to 100 mph is frightening! When we were being shuttled from Aviano to Vicenza, I was convinced I was never going to make it to Vicenza in one piece!
9. Radiators in every room are something new to me. It's interesting...just different.
10. AFN public safety announcements are beyond hilarious. I'm sure in the three years that I'm here that I will get tired of them, but in the meantime I can't help but laugh whenever I watch them.
Well, I need to scoot, Sean will be done soon with his in-processing for today and afterwards we are supposed to go to housing and also go deal with some TriCare stuff. Should be a good time.
Have a wonderful day ladies!