Sunday, May 10, 2009

SuperWoman

Like many of you ladies that have blogged about you mothers today, I'd like to share a little about my own mother.

My Mom is my hero. She is all the things that I hope I am when I myself become a mother.

My Mother:

may not have taught me how to apply make-up or pick out the latest trends, but she used to sew most of my Easter or Christmas dresses. Complete with matching headbands and bows. Once my brother was born she'd coordinate our outfits to match.

would curl/braid/crimp my hair into the cutest styles. Even though I was a huge brat when it came to my hair she always wanted me to look my best.

did fun little projects with me during the summer and read to me before my naps. I used to fall asleep to her reading Bambi and Winnie The Pooh.

even during my difficult teen years when I'm sure she wanted to strangle me, she did her best to make me into a young lady that I could be proud of being.

she encouraged me in whatever I did, from gymnastics, playing the flute on up to now when I'm pursuing photography.

planned the best trips. My mom insisted we take some sort of vacation every year, no matter how small it was.

passed her love of sports on to me. When it's football season, you'll find my mom and I cheering on our favorite teams.

my mother was a wonderful role model growing up. She's very smart (smarter than me I always say) I've never heard her utter a cuss word in my entire life. Not even once!

Thanks Mom for making the woman I am today!

8 comments:

Random Musings said...

Very cute tribute.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw, your mom sounds like such a great mom!
I hope she enjoys her day!

Angie said...

What a wonderful tribute to your mom!

texaslauren77 said...

That's such a nice tribute! Sounds a lot like my mom, actually! :)

lola said...

This post makes me smile. I know I was a brat at times, so I definitely am feeling the part about mom wanting to strangle me but didn't :)

AndreaLeigh said...

what a sweet post!

jlc said...

Awww I love winnie the pooh.

So awesome that she'd sew your dresses!!

Happy mom's day to your amazing ma!

Lisa said...

What a great post about your mom! She sounds awesome!