Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Frustrations....

This week has been....frustrating, but other than almost wanting to gouge my eyes out yesterday I think I've been holding up fairly well.

See...the main source of frustration for me has been my car registration. It expired the last day of January and since I like to put things off I waited until last Friday to go to the Louisiana DMV with Sean. We thought it would just be easier to get it registered here than in Oklahoma. Well....Friday I needed to have my mom's driver's license number since she is on the title with me, which I did not have. So I took the paperwork home and decided to go back Monday. After waiting about 30 minutes I take all of the paperwork in, she processes it and then tells me to register my car it's going to be $522.00.

My mouth actually dropped open. At the most I was expecting 150.00, but $522.00? You have got to be kidding me! I guess it was because they were taxing it which I think is a load of crap, but whatever. So I call the Oklahoma DMV and see if I can still get it registered there. Since it's still in my Mom's name as well as mine then I can. Whoo.....(Deep sigh of relief) That's only going to cost me $95.00. Which I can certaintly handle.

So....I decide to go get a money order to send. I opt to go to Wal-Mart and get one at the advice of Sean. Those girls there had no idea what I wanted, told me to fill out one form, changed their mind and told me to fill out another and then told me it was my responsibilty to get the receiving code to send it. Uh...can't you look that up?

I basically said screw it and went to the post office, for the second time that day might I add, and had them handle it.

Seriously...at that point the thought of gouging out my eyes was looking pretty appealing.

I made a pretty superb dinner last night. I made a standard favorite of lemon-pepper chicken breasts and then tried a new recipe out of my Kraft Foods magazine. It was red potatos with cream cheese, bell peppers, green onions and some dill. It isn't my favorite, but it was pretty tasty. I also made some strawberry muffins with fresh strawberries inside for breakfast this week. Very delish I might add.

I've been doing pretty well on my healthy eating/working out plan. In fact, since I was weighed at the doctor's office last week I've lost about 2.5 lbs. I'm pretty excited about that. Plus I always feel better when I consistently work out. I'm thinking about giving up pop, but quite honestly a life without cold Dr. Peppers or Pepsis sounds pretty dismal.

In other news, my very good friend Kebi sent me a few pics she took from the wedding so check them out in my pictures!

No comments: