Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Soaking It Up

I'm having a tough time blogging lately. It just hasn't been flowing together for me. Actually I think the problem is that I have too much going through my mind and to put it all in one blog seems too crazy and complicated. I love random blogs, but I'm not sure I want mine to be a complete jumble everyday.

Does that make sense?

I had a job interview today, which went well, but was odd because there were seven of us interviewing at the same time, in the same room.

Anyway...on the way there I was looking at the scenery. I'm a big scenery person. When I was younger I would always read in the car, I didn't pay much attention to what was going on outside of it. Now even on extremely long trips I rarely read. I just don't want to miss a thing that we're passing by. The random wildlife I might see, a funny sign on the side of the road, a cute mom and pop place. Today when I was driving I was noticing how tall the trees were. They are just enormous! Not big around like the Redwoods of California, but so tall and skinny. (The picture below is actually from right here on Ft. Polk, I took it on a walk I went on. )




Very unlike the trees in Oklahoma. I actually think Louisiana is very beautiful. A lot of people around here ask me what I think about living here and I think they are suprised when I say I'm really enjoying it. Sure the lack of a Chili's and other restaurants, as well as decent shopping in Leesville is a downside, but there are other things I enjoy about being here. I have no idea how much longer we will be here, but I don't want to leave thinking about how many things I missed seeing while I was here. To me that's just wasting an opportunity in my life that I have been given. That's one part of Sean being in the Army that I really enjoy. The chance to see other parts of the U.S. and maybe even the world. Sure, there is moving and re-adjustment to deal with and once I have children I know it will be harder for them, but I just want to soak up every place that I am. All the sights, food, culture. I know that sounds sappy, but that's just me I guess.

Everytime I watch the travel channel I see all these places in the world that I haven't even experienced yet and I want to go there. It might take me most of my life to see all the places I want to see, but I think that's one of my main goals in life.

Well, enough about me and scenery....on to more randomness!

I need new running shoes. I've had my current pair for way too long and my shins hurt from running yesterday. Not a good sign! I only buy Asics Gel Nimbus.



They are the only shoes I've found that keep me from having shin splints, back and knee pain. I over-pronate when I run and these shoes are great for that. A little pricey, but still great. I didn't go to the gym this morning like I usually do since I had my interview, but my Bootcamp class has another session tonight at 6:30. I really want to go, but I just don't want to be so sore again. I've just got to buck up and go. If I ever want to see my body change I'm going to have to endure some pain once in awhile. *sigh*

Speaking of my body changing, I haven't really noticed any big changes yet, although Sean swears my butt looks tighter. LOL However, when I was running yesterday I went for longer than I had since I started working out again and I didn't tire as quickly. I'll mark that as a positive in my book!

This Saturday Sean and I are going to a formal. I've never been to anything military like this so it should be fun. I was thinking about doing my hair myself, but I'm awful at it so I'm going to go get it done. Maybe just something simple like a French twist. We shall see. I'll try to get pictures of the both of us so I can share them with all of you on here.

Well....I can hear some housework calling my name. Enjoy your Tuesday!

1 comment:

Reasa said...

Have fun this weekend. And pictures are a must. :)